Search Unity

Question Shader Graph 10.2.2 - strip unused target variants

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by goran_okomotive, Feb 18, 2021.

1. goran_okomotive

goran_okomotive

Dear community

We are currently using the new master node feature for graphs, where we can define different SRP targets and make a graph available for URP and HDRP for example.

Unfortunately it takes very long to compile these graphs for the first time and I suspect that Unity is compiling the variants for URP and HDRP. (here a picture of the window when I do a HDRP build):
    upload_2021-2-18_16-49-44.png

For non-graph shaders I can strip them with the IPreprocessShaders interface. Any ideas how to strip the shader graph variants for a specific target?

Thanks for any hints and tricks!

2. ibbybn

ibbybn

Same here, except I get 16384vp.. multiple times until the build fails due to too many shader variants. This was not the case in 2020.1.17

3. ibbybn

ibbybn

Nevermind, using Instancing Variants Strip All under Graphics and using a new shadervariants asset seems to work for builds.

4. goran_okomotive

goran_okomotive

Thanks for mentioning this workflow. Still seams pretty useless to compile variants for a target which is not chosen. I hardly doubt that devs want to change render pipeline during runtime? And if so, there could be an checkbox / option in the graph inspector maybe?