Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Shader error 'LoadDOTSInstancedData_float3': no matching 2 parameter function

Discussion in 'Graphics for ECS' started by Selmar, May 9, 2023.

1. Selmar

Selmar

Hi,

I've set a custom property to `Hybrid per Instance`, but I get these compiler errors:

Code (CSharp):
    2. Shader error in 'Master': 'LoadDOTSInstancedData_float3': no matching 2 parameter function at line 1021 (on d3d11)
    3. Shader error in 'Master': undeclared identifier 'unity_DOTSInstancingF12_Metadata_Emission' at line 1021 (on d3d11)
    The shader is very simple, just an Emission property linked to Emission.

The issue seems to be simply that the graph precision is set to "half" and not "single". Is this a known issue? I didn't find anything about it in the documentation.

2. bigbrainz

bigbrainz

Ever find anything on this? Same issue for me in 2022.2.19.

3. JussiKnuuttila

JussiKnuuttila

Unity Technologies

If your property is declared as a float3, I would suggest trying to declare it as a float4 instead. The "F12" (short for float, 12 bytes) seems to suggest it's a float3, which is a less tested path so there could be a bug.

4. bnmguy

bnmguy

I get the exact same with LoadDOTSInstancedData_float4. So something is broken. Has been for ages now. I'll add it to the list of things that make unity completely unusable (along with editor crashes ever 2 mins on macOS).

5. JussiKnuuttila

JussiKnuuttila

Unity Technologies

If you can file a bug with a repro project, we can take a look at why the shader is not compiling and fix the bug.