Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Shader error in VFX "Compiling Vertex program"

Discussion in 'VFX Toolbox' started by arminiuspp, Apr 19, 2021.

1. arminiuspp

arminiuspp

Hello, I am using unity 2021.1 and I tried making a VFX with it but I doesn't show up and I got this error with it.

Shader error in 'Hidden/VFX/Snow/System/Output Particle Quad': redefinition of 'PackHeightmap' at /Users/Admin/Documents/APP/Across/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.core@11.0.0/ShaderLibrary/Common.hlsl(1198) (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_PASS_FORWARDBASE
    Disabled keywords: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING SHADER_API_GLES30

2. Shadauwa

Shadauwa

I have the same issue any one have an idea about it?

3. yingshaoxo

yingshaoxo

Same issue here

```
    Shader error in 'Hidden/VFX/New VFX/System/Output Particle Quad': redefinition of 'PackHeightmap' at Wrold/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.core@10.4.0/ShaderLibrary/Common.hlsl(1197) (on glcore)

Compiling Vertex program
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_PASS_FORWARDBASE
    Disabled keywords: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING SHADER_API_GLES30

```

4. Shadauwa

Shadauwa

hi, for me it was linked to that i used a HD RenderPipeline, I came back to the default RenderPipeline and it was fine for me :)
    So i stop to use VFX effect that wont work on somes cases in HD RenderPipeline and i use Particle System with Default Pipeline

5. arminiuspp

arminiuspp

I am currently using built in pipeline.. as I got the error..

6. Shadauwa

Shadauwa

i had the same errie with this Render Piepline.

maybe can this help (follow the link inside)
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/vfx-graph-with-legacy-render-pipeline.944448/

Documentation say
    https://docs.unity3d.com/2020.1/Documentation/Manual/com.unity.visualeffectgraph.html
    The Visual Effect Graph is a node based visual effect editor. It allows you to author next generation visual effects that Unity simulates directly on the GPU. The Visual Effect Graph is production-ready for the High Definition Render Pipeline and runs on all platforms supported by it. Full support for the Universal Render Pipeline and compatible mobile devices is still in development.

So if you want VFX better way to use HDPipeline or use particle system for other Pipeline
    good luck :)