Search Unity

Bug Shader error in 'Universal Render Pipeline/Lit' URP 12

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by swantonb, Nov 8, 2021.

1. swantonb

swantonb

Hi, I get this error for the lit shader from URP 12 (unity 2021.2.0f1, also in all 2021.2 beta and even tried in 2022 alpha) , in previous versions it works.. i cannot reproduce it in a new project, i dont know what the problem is, i dont have pink meshes, everything works fine in the editor. Really weird.

https://gyazo.com/4714197d5fbbe2c63e6b2db5a11aa9dc

I also get this error in Lit shader:

https://gyazo.com/ecc7b75b3308eacdf0a32382da951ddd

I really dont know what to do and i am pretty much stuck, can you help me figure out what is the problem?

I already sent a bug report but the guys there did not reproduce it and sent me back a "stripped" version of the project that didnt contain the scenes that cause it, they basically stripped the project to a scene that they found and built correctly even though i told them exactly what scenes cause the problem. This stripped version didnt even have URP package installed, while my report specifically said there is an error in the lit shader. How can you find an error in lit shader if you dont even put URP package in the project. My bug report was kind of big, that is why i hezitated to send it for a while, also unity bug reporter crashes at 92% and i provided a different link of the project in the report, to my dropbox. Anyway point is that there is a bug report with my error and it would be awesome if you could take that project and reproduce it with the scenes that really cause the problem.

The bug report case is: 1361040

Their response was this:

https://gyazo.com/846160a0b257eb68e0fc6474afc624b5

I tried to tell them that i removed all the shaders from the project and the bug would still occur since there is a problem with the Lit shader. Now i have proof, the screenshot i made to the lit shader. I didnt do this previously, now i realised that i can see a shader error on it.

If you can look into it i will upload this broken project to my collab and you can get it from there.

Sorry for the novel, thanks

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    azixgoriol likes this.
  2. swantonb

swantonb

Sorry for being insistent but im struggling with this for months, i cannot stay in standard RP any longer and i am not happy with previous URP versions. I need URP 12, can somebody look into this?

azixgoriol likes this.
  3. wanglifang

wanglifang

Please Help!

Code (CSharp):
    1.  E/Unity: -------- Shader Hidden/Universal Render Pipeline/Terrain/Lit (Add Pass)
    2.     -------- GLSL link error: Error: Sampler Sampler location or component exceeds max allowed.
    3.     Error: Linking failed.

4. wanglifang

wanglifang

5. gnovos

gnovos

Same issue. Everything worked fine last time I built, now I get that error. I have no idea what I even changed to get here. I'm not doing anything fancy.

6. user_29

user_29

anyone figured it out yet?

7. Frimus

Frimus

I'm facing the same issue in unity 2022.3.2f1. But at the end build is exported and working the mobile device too. But will getting this error in Console. Any update on this?

8. swantonb

swantonb