Search Unity

TextMesh Pro Shader error in 'TextMeshPro/Distance Field.Why this error?

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by zyonneo, Jun 2, 2021.

1. zyonneo

zyonneo

Hi I tried to add UI which have some basic settings of TextMesh pro which I exported from another project. I could not find the shader property TextMeshPro/Distance Field.I tried with other fields like TextMeshPro/Distance Overlay but text is not showing.When I checked on the project from I imported it looks fine.

Settings from project I imported given below

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

What version of Unity and TextMeshPro package are you using?

Have you tried re-importing the TMP Essential Resources? To do so, go to "Window - TextMeshPro - Import TMP Essential Resources".

Spicyruby likes this.
  3. zyonneo

zyonneo

@Stephan_B I spend many hours in this. I did not mention that I tried all the methods you suggested(removed textmesh pro folder,reimport).For some reason when I change the font asset in Textmeshpro UI ,the text disappears. So I removed the textmesh pro from the inspector and pressed undo key(ctrl + z).Finally text showed .Is that a bug?

4. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Do you get the same behavior with the font assets included with TMP?

For instance, when you create a new UI - Text - TextMeshPro object, it should assign the LiberationSans SDF font asset to it. Does the text on that object when using this font asset render as expected?

Can you post an image of your font asset inspector where I can see the Face Info and Generation Settings?