Search Unity

Shader error in "Standard": Too many math instructions for SM2.0

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Pollawat, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Pollawat

Pollawat

Hello, I'm a newbie. This happens when I build the project.

I know that many great people already posted this thing before but after 12 hours of following their thread on Google searching. I just can't fix this issue.

Please help, I have to submit this thing to my class next two days. I just don't know what happens.

- Recreate lighting in a real-time mode.
    - Turn off HDR.
    - Set on Hardware Tier 1
    - Update Graphics Card (GTX970)
    - Deleted all of the project settings and Library.
    - Downgrade texture to 2024.

Not work.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  2. Ryiah

Ryiah

Basically something is triggering the editor to use SM 2.0 (approximately DirectX 9.0b). Unfortunately the shaders in question are too complex for that mode to handle properly.

According to Microsoft Hardware Tier 1 is slightly more restrictive than Hardware Tier 3. Unless you have a good reason to set it to one you want it set to three.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dn899127(v=vs.85).aspx

By the way you may want to check the it isn't accidentally set to Shader Model 2.0 in Edit -> Graphics Emulation.

What graphics card did you have before? Are you using the latest graphics drivers for the card?

That eliminates one possibility that came to my mind.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  3. Pollawat

Pollawat

Thank you for the reply.
    First, GTX 970 is the one I use for this PC since I bought it. My driver updated by G-force Experience yesterday.
    Second, Any way to force it to build this thing up? Should I recreate the whole Level? I don't know what should I do now.