Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Bug Shader error in 'Hidden/VFX/SpendAmmoCasing/System/Output Particle Quad': Couldn't open include file

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by DTECTOR, Sep 26, 2022.

1. DTECTOR

DTECTOR

I am getting this error :

Shader error in 'Hidden/VFX/SpendAmmoCasing/System/Output Particle Quad': Couldn't open include file 'Packages/com.unity.visualeffectgraph/Shaders/VFXCommon.hlsl'. at line 2395

I've never had any issues with vfx graph in older versions of Unity. However on 2021.8f1 I am getting this error and so the visual effect is running but the sprite/texture is not rendered.

If I am not mistaken, it looks like there is something wrong with the material generated for the visual effect?

Screen Shot 2022-09-25 at 6.21.53 PM.png

And as for looking at the file in question, it's in a Hidden folder which I can't figure out how to access. I can't access it from terminal/command-line. It's as if it doesn't exist. Is the "Hidden" folder actually in the project? Or is it a unity source file?

Edit:

So it's an error in the VFXCommon.hlsl file in the actual visual effect package, version 12.1.7.

I guess that means I can't access it and fix it?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
  2. aoikiwi

aoikiwi

I was getting a "Couldn't open include file" warning for a shader in Hidden as well -- StaggartCreations had a solution for some other warnings for Hidden shader stuff in this link-- tried it out and it seemed to make that error go away?

https://forum.unity.com/threads/sha...blit-invalid-subscript-positioncs-at.1262393/

I'm a shader noob so i have no idea why this worked or if it is relevant to your case-- but just in case!

3. Vita-

Vita-

Unity Technologies

Ciao!
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Shader error in 'Hidden/VFX/SpendAmmoCasing/System/Output Particle Quad': Couldn't open include file 'Packages/com.unity.visualeffectgraph/Shaders/VFXCommon.hlsl'. at line 2395
    bug is fixed in 2021.3.9f1

DTECTOR and PaulDemeulenaere like this.