Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Shader error in 'HDRP/TerrainLit"

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by mephistonight, Aug 28, 2019.

1. mephistonight

mephistonight

I've just upgrade a project to 2019.3 Beta. I have two problems blocking builds:

1. HDRP/TerrainLit shader error:

I'm using the HDRP and have version 7.0.1 installed. Has anyone else come across this error when making a build in 2019.3b? I'm slightly perplexed as this is a Unity shader I haven't edited at all.

2. Recursive Serialization is not supported:

On startup / opening this project I get this error:

Unfortunately, no information about where the recursive serialization is happening is given and enabling full stack trace doesn't appear to give more information. It only happens on opening the project, not when entering Play Mode.

Any advice anyone can give on root causing these issues?

Thanks,
    M

2. Skullbot

Skullbot

Got this shader error too.
    Somehow compilation managed to complete but Terrain is invisible (but Shadows are correctly casted by it)

3. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    mephistonight likes this.
  4. kyuskoj

kyuskoj

Recursive Serialization is not supported. You can't dereference a PPtr while loading. (Constructors of C# classes may not load objects either. See stacktrace.)

Is this a bug too?
    In my case, Project Settings -> PresetManger was the problem. I cleared it and no more warning.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  5. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

There is no way of telling what causes the "Recursive Serialization is not supported" error without access to the project. If there is no stacktrace we would have to breakpoint it to see what is causing the issue, or try and find it reading through the package code.

Could you please submit a bug report with a reproduction project for this issue?

6. conceptfac

conceptfac

We have the same issue "TerrainLit_Splatmap.hlsl(4) (on d3d11)" on 2019.3