Search Unity

Question Shader (Combine 2 greyscale images +1 color image for eye material)

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by Slaghton, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Slaghton

Slaghton

Edit: Made some progress after 7 hours but no where near finished. Think i'll be going the amplify shader editor route. Will continue on.

I'm doing some work on my character creator for an upgraded eye material/shader but since I have very little experience in shaders i'd thought i'd ask to see how difficult it would be.

The top left image is a unity3d program called vroid that has a feature that lets you stack/layer images and set blend types like photoshop/gimp to create eye textures and other things so it must doable in unity.

I took my 6 greyscale images and was able to combine them so I only needed 3 images/layers in gimp to get a similar appearance. Only the 2nd image is using blending mode multiply, the other 2 are normal.

So its greyscale normal mode with alpha, greyscale multiply mode with alpha, and greyscale normal mode + color to recreate the eye texture in gimp. Question is how hard would it be to recreate a shader in unity to replicate this result?

Maybe using an asset like amplify shader editor would help here?

Shader discussion.jpg

Edit: I am currently trial and erroring things. If I figure it out ill report back for anyone in the future that needs a solution.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021