Search Unity

SG Patcher - Update your game easily

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sidgincompany, Mar 29, 2020.

1. sidgincompany

sidgincompany

Hello! If you are using AssetBundles (this is an In-Game update). Follow the instructions below:http://docs.sidgin.com/books/sg-patcher/chapter/in-game-update(all-platforms)
    Thank you!

2. Full_Tilt

Full_Tilt

I had followed exactly those instructions. I get this error, but I can't understand how to correct it:

Building an AssetBundle for target '' is not allowed because the required module is not installed.
    UnityEditor.BuildPipeline:BuildAssetBundles(String, AssetBundleBuild[], BuildAssetBundleOptions, BuildTarget)
    SIDGIN.Patcher.Unity.AssetBundlesBuildHelper:BuildBundles(BundleData[], AssetBundlesForDefinition)
    SIDGIN.Patcher.Unity.AssetBundlesBuildHelper:Build()
    SIDGIN.Patcher.Unity.BuildView:BuildAndPatch()
    SIDGIN.Patcher.Unity.<>c__DisplayClass5_0:<Dispatch>b__0()
    SIDGIN.Patcher.Unity.EditorDispatcher:Update()
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

3. Full_Tilt

Full_Tilt

Can you please help me understand something about SG Patcher, please? What happens when I update scripts in my game? How does the patcher handle updates to compiled code in the two modes:
    1) Standalone updater (e.g. Macosx/Windows)?
    2) In-game updater (asset-bundles on all platforms)?

Will the patcher still be able to update the game's compiled code? If so, what are the updated chunks of data? DLLs or something else?

Thank you very much.

4. sidgincompany

sidgincompany

You should install sdk for your platform, check BuildSettings. Try switching to the desired platform. Most likely you will see that you need to download an additional module for Unity.

5. sidgincompany

sidgincompany

1) In standard mode the patcher updates the game using a separate application, so in this mode the build of the game is updated completely. The data chunk matches your changes.
    2) In in game update mode the system updates everything except scripts. This works on all platforms. In this mode, the data chunk also corresponds to minimal changes.

6. Full_Tilt

Full_Tilt

Thanks for your helpful response. I needed to switch to Standard mode and then I was able to Save Configuration and generate an updater app. I tested a script change and a minimal update was produced that worked correctly. Next, I'll try and customize the launcher/updater app.

7. gecko

gecko

Just imported this into our project (on 2018.2.14 on MacOS 14) and get an error:

Assets/SIDGIN/SIDGIN.Patcher/SGResourceClient/SGResources.cs(2,28): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `SIDGIN' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

What do we do about it?

8. Full_Tilt

Full_Tilt

If I understand correctly, for a standalone updater, we would ship the SGPatcher.app, which will download the target app using information in the config file. This is what the user will see when they first launch the app, which is confusing since it doesn't look like what they wanted. The name and icon are not that of the application.

I can change the name from SGPatcher.app to MyAppInstaller.app, however the icon is still not familiar.
    The SGPatcher app has it's own icon that I'd like to change to be that of my app/launcher. Is that possible?

Thanks!

9. sidgincompany

sidgincompany

Yes it's possible. Open SGPatcher Xamarin project and follow instructions:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/mac/deploy-test/app-icon

10. sidgincompany

sidgincompany

Hello! The minimum supported version of unity 2018.4.
    upload_2020-5-29_14-32-0.png

11. gecko

gecko

Oh, darn it! I did not see that. We are wary of upgrading to 2018.4 due to various changes in Unity. There's no way to get it to work in 2018.2?

12. sidgincompany

sidgincompany

There is a way but without Google Drive

13. gecko

gecko

I can work with that!

14. sidgincompany

sidgincompany

I will add this in the coming week. You can track this in Discord.

gecko likes this.
  15. Full_Tilt

Full_Tilt

I cancelled a Patch operation before it completed and now my versions file appears not to be loading. Here is the error:

SIDGIN.Patcher.Storages.UnableLoadResource: Unable to load resource VERSIONS.
    Error Code: 102
    at SIDGIN.Patcher.Storages.GoogleDrive.GoogleDriveApiEditor+<DownloadDataByName>d__22.MoveNext () [0x00169] in <7ed2264bc59941529f2a173a3f4574c3>:0

I downloaded the VERSIONS file from Google Drive and it appears okay to me:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
    <VersionList xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" InitialVersion="0.0.0.25" LastVersion="0.0.0.27">
    <Versions>
    <Version Id="13DpMm1YnhByomcH_3NF3N_mbvUl5pWuo" Name="0.0.0.25" IsInitial="true" />
    <Version Id="1gHGlwg1jjDDPAf5R-kDa-Ma7wtl3g2kr" Name="0.0.0.26" IsInitial="false" />
    <Version Id="1Kgy59aVGcF6jXegrkcQYfvFiNWAivyVL" Name="0.0.0.27" IsInitial="false" />
    </Versions>
    </VersionList>

Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 2.47.18 PM.png
    However, I am not able to create a new build and patch now. What do you recommend, please? Thanks.
    Update: The Storage tab shows nothing now. Perhaps my Google Drive access tokens are corrupted?
    Update: I think the Google access is fine. My other two definitions are working correctly (win64 and linux). Only macosx definition is unable to download VERSIONS.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  16. Full_Tilt

Full_Tilt

On a separate issue, I built and patched some code and the changes are not appearing in the application after update. I am using the Standard type; and if I recall, you mentioned that this should update code (DLLs) as well as non-code assets. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you.

17. sidgincompany

sidgincompany

Yes, you are right in the standard mode the game is fully updated. Check out the platform settings in Build Settings. Did you follow the instructions strictly?

18. sidgincompany

sidgincompany

Did you delete the version file? I think you should join us at Discord there will be faster.
    https://discord.gg/KcyQ3gc

19. sidgincompany

sidgincompany

SG Patcher tested successfully on Unity 2018.1f1

gecko likes this.
  20. sidgincompany

sidgincompany

21. Mcminin

Mcminin

Hi! A question. If I make a new main build to upload to play store, how do I require the user to upgrade to that version before downloading new patches? I thought the "Synchronize the main build..." would work, but it allowed the user to download a new patch on a older build

22. sidgincompany

sidgincompany

You should set this
    upload_2020-6-10_11-58-19.png
    And check version of main build
    upload_2020-6-10_11-59-45.png

23. sidgincompany

sidgincompany

Like if you need WebGLsupport

moongtaeng likes this.
  24. sidgincompany

sidgincompany

Like if you need Unity 2017.* support

25. sidgincompany

sidgincompany

Like if you need Unity 5.* support

26. maromavDevelop

maromavDevelop

upload_2020-6-20_20-26-57.png

SG Patcher version : 1.6.3
    Unity Editor : 2019.3.12f
    Build OS : Android

When I built and patched the 0.0.0.1 version and ran the app, it worked fine.

However, the following error occurs when you build and patch the 0.0.0.2 version after modifying the prefab in the SGResources folder and run the app.

When I tested the same in version 1.6.2 before, it worked fine. What is the cause?

upload_2020-6-20_20-29-10.png

27. sidgincompany

sidgincompany

Hello, please contact me by email or discord. Until a new version 1.6.3.1 is published. Please send us your Invoice No. and we will send you a package.

maromavDevelop likes this.
  28. ooviixoo

ooviixoo

Kudos on the S3 connector. Purchased the asset recently, yet to implement, but I was going to throw in a feature request for that. Good to see you are thinking ahead! =)

sidgincompany likes this.
  29. sidgincompany

sidgincompany

Hello all, If you have a problem with black or purple texture on ILL2CPP. Please include your shaders to Preloaded Assets in Player Settings:
    upload_2020-7-1_23-51-39.png

30. sidgincompany

sidgincompany

New feature: SG Scene Manager
    upload_2020-7-11_13-5-8.png
    This function allows you to load scenes by index. You can also combine shared resources between scenes.
    upload_2020-7-11_13-7-47.png

31. sidgincompany

sidgincompany

32. sidgincompany

sidgincompany

The next update will split SGPatcher into 2 different packages. SGPatcher - In-App and SGPatcher - Standalone. All users who need SGPatcher - Standalone, email me Invoice No. I'll add you to the list. I will only have 12 keys this year. But if you don't have enough key, I will send you a link to download SGPatcher - Standalone. I don't think that many users use Standalone. I make this division for the independent development of two projects. Thanks.

33. Luchunpen_0

Luchunpen_0

Hello ! Thanks for cool asset.
    Have a trouble: I'm trying to load test scene. This scene as independed run in all platforms (IOS, MacOS, android, wind64).
    Then I trying to load it by SGPather plugin. I created 4 profiles for each platform and loaded resources. Plugin worked well in win64, macOS and android. But in IOS platform after downloading, application is closed with error: loading.preloadmanager EXC_BAD_ACCESS

Tried to load IOS resources from Mac, but result the same.

Trying simple scene with cube - work well on IOS, but in my project I use many plugins. How to solve this problem ?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  34. Luchunpen_0

Luchunpen_0

Another question:
    In project I use Newtonsoft.json v12.0.0.0, but SGPatcher Google drive v3 library use newtonsoft v 10.0.0 and not compiling because of library collision. How can I fix it ?

ps: I recompiled Newtonsoft.json as Newtonsoft12.json and changed namespace.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  35. sidgincompany

sidgincompany

Hello, moved to Newtonsoft.json 12v in SGPatcher 1.12.2

36. Luchunpen_0

Luchunpen_0

Hi! How can I get new version ?

37. sidgincompany

sidgincompany

Hello, will available on AssetStore this week

38. mininox

mininox

hi.
    Can the sgresources folder be included in the build in android, ios?
    I want to receive download data in the background.
    Newly installed users want to update sgresources in the background while playing the app with local data.

39. mininox

mininox

hi.
    The csv file in the sgresources folder does not seem to be included in the upload.

40. Luchunpen_0

Luchunpen_0

Hello again.
    One more issue:
    I'm trying to run the application when internet is off and getting this messages. And after that nothing happens, just loading screen. Scene was loaded from storage in previous run. In SGpatcher settings "run game if no internet" toggle is on.

111.png

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  41. sidgincompany

sidgincompany

Hello, thanks I will fix it.

42. sidgincompany

sidgincompany

Hello, thanks I will fix it.

43. phoenixian

phoenixian

Purchased SG-Patcher In-App and Standalone.

I was under the impression that the support for 'Amazon S3' means that I am able to connect to Amazon S3 *compatible* cloud providers and not just the official Amazon S3 cloud. Am I wrong, and if so, wouldn't this be a simple matter of adding IP and endpoint fields for the user to fill out the alternative S3-compatible provider? Or will I have to set up ip/port forwarding?

44. Luchunpen_0

Luchunpen_0

Hello again !
    After update to 1.13.1 there is one more issue

123.png

PS (scene loading still not working if internet is disabled)
    Thanks.

45. sidgincompany

sidgincompany

Please remove dll files from plugins/Google

46. sidgincompany

sidgincompany

While this is not possible, this feature will become available in SGPatcher 2.0

47. Luchunpen_0

Luchunpen_0

Hi ! Have a question. How SGPacher.Version works ? I download files from storage, but when I try to check version, it return Version.Empty always.
    I think this is part of the problem when level not loading if internet is disabled.

48. Luchunpen_0

Luchunpen_0

Newtonsoft.JSON in SG.Patcher package not work on IOS.
    I replace it to Newtonsoft.Json 12.0.3 separate package.

49. Imillionaire

Imillionaire

Im building for android, and none of these issues happen when i test in the editor:
    1. For my game i have a main game scene, and then i additively load 1 scene at a time to it (for the current level the players in) and i unload it when the player wants to switch levels or returns to the main screen.
    Everything seems to be working properly, except when i do

SGAsyncOperation asyncUnload = SGSceneManager.UnloadSceneAsync(instanceName);

it gets stuck? it used to work when i used normal scene manager to unload a scene.

2. no animations seem to be working anymore, all models are stuck in their T or base pose

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  50. Luchunpen_0

Luchunpen_0

Hi again. After many updates this issue still here, and SGPatcher.Version still return 0.0.0.0 :(. I'm using GoogleDrive as patch storage.

What should I do to fix it ?

123png.png