Search Unity

Bug [SEVERE BUG] Unity 2021.3 running out of windows USER objects

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by eatsports2, Sep 10, 2022.

1. eatsports2

eatsports2

On Windows 11 in Unity 2021.3.9, there is a bug that causes unity to run out of Windows User objects.
    Once that happens the console in Unity prints this message:
    The current process has used all of its system allowance of handles for Window Manager objects

After a while windows breaks and starts to spawn a lot of windows on screen, and Unity freezes:
    This a severe bug that happens only on windows 11 and pretty much makes it impossible to use Unity

Steps to reproduce:
    - Start unity 2019.3.9f on windows 11
    - Just use it for a few minutes, import packages, enter play mode and it will break

upload_2022-9-10_6-29-3.png

2. MikeCee0705

MikeCee0705

Hi, I'm watching this as I've got something happening almost identical to this. However all I manage to get done is create three squares in a new project. Bam 10,000 user handles. :confused:

eatsports2 likes this.
  3. AnthonyBall

AnthonyBall

Also happens in 2022.2b7 and b8... :(

Sometimes it even green screens if you leave it on that message without closing pretty quickly.

I don't know if this is a Unity bug or a Windows 11 bug (that also updated recently). It only seems to happen when running Unity though.

eatsports2 likes this.
  4. parttimepoet

parttimepoet

I'm having the same experience with 2021.3.9f1. I have been experiencing the handles issue for over a week now and since yesterday this specific issue with all my Windows processes opening up in the background. Stumped!

eatsports2 likes this.
  5. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Hi, are you on insider version of Windows? If so, this is a known issue and we have reports that it has been fixed in Windows build 25201. It would be great if you could confirm whether it fixes it for you too.