Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Several collision problems (pushed through walls, climb on enemy collider...)

Discussion in 'Physics' started by GameMarshal, Nov 26, 2020.

1. GameMarshal

GameMarshal

Hi,

I am working on my first 3d game with Unity and I am facing three collision problems:
    • When I walk or run and collide with the enemy creature, I climb on top of it.
    More precisely, I climb exaclty the height of the enemy collider box value.
    I didn't add to my controller anything to climb or jump, there are no stairs or platforms in my game.
    • When the enemy pushes me against a wall, I go through it.
    My walls have a mesh collider, not set to convex. The collision works fine, for both the controller and the enemy object, but not when pushed against a wall.
    • I'm not pushed by the enemy whereas it has a rigid body of mass 3000 and my player controller a mass of 80.
    This problem is totally the contrary of the second one, and I don't know how I switch from the being pushed through the wall to the enemy object not being able to push the controller.

Controller components:

Enemy components:

Walls components:

I think I have set everything fine and don't know what to fix to get it working.
    Thanks ;)

2. vanleiz

vanleiz

I have the exact same problem.