Search Unity

Question Setup with modules / multiple project ids ?

Discussion in 'Unity Remote Config' started by bcapdevila, May 2, 2022.

1. bcapdevila

bcapdevila

Hello,

We are considering using RemoteConfig in our apps, but we are facing some doubts if the system can support one of our main use cases.

We are interested in doing AB testing for our suite of apps, but with a bit special structure.
    All of our apps share a same intro/login flow that is set up as a package/module.
    • Game
      • IntroFlow (module/package)
      • Game-specific logic

So, we would like to perform two distinct AB testing:
    • IntroFlow-specific AB tests that are gathered together from all of our games into your services.
      • These would be integrated in the package itself.
      • We want to be able to improve the intro flow independently from which game uses it
    • game-specific AB tests that are gathered per game
      • We want to be able to tweak game-specific mechanics

As far as I know, the system needs to be initialised with statics

Code (CSharp):
    1. await UnityServices.InitializeAsync();
    and this initialises the system with the project id, which is unique in the scope of the project.

This makes me think that it is not possible to support our use case and that we would not be able to collect the data in the way we need to.

So, my questions are:
    - are our specific needs possible to satisfy with RemoteConfig ? (we are considering latest version)
    - if not, is there a hack or workaround possible ?

Thanks

Last edited: May 2, 2022
  2. SebT_Unity

SebT_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi bcapdevila,
    Thanks for contacting us on the unity forums.

Please correct me If I misunderstood. Would you be conducting your own AB testing or using the Unity game overrides?
    Game specific AB testing can be achieved with the game overrides and remote config.

As for AB test for all the games If we assume you will handle the AB tests on your end without game overrides the only untested way I can see this is the following: (game overrides can't ab test all games and have a GLOBAL Remote config)

Having the remote values passed to all games and make use of Unity game overrides and the api. This would mean you would have to have an external program sending the values to remote config based on the results of your AB testing.

Let me know if this makes sense or you need more information.
    Best,
    Seb