Search Unity

Setup but no .room info in unity scene

Discussion in 'AR' started by vincismurf, Mar 19, 2018.

1. vincismurf

vincismurf

So I followed the steps and was able to see a cube from unity in the ML simulator.

BUT I don't see any mesh from the .room file in the unity scene, only a black Background color from the camera. Which makes this process a bit useless.

Perhaps I am missing something.

Thoughts?

2. thatwick

thatwick

Following the tutorial, it was hard to figure out which folder to load a room from (in the simulator).

The folder is where you installed your SDK... MagicLeap\mlsdk\v0.11.1\VirtualDevice\data\VirtualRooms\ExampleRooms

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    driekhof likes this.
  3. bite-unity

bite-unity

Same here, I see only black background. Can't seem to get the mesh in Unity like the picture below. I loaded the room.

4. jj-unity

jj-unity

Unity Technologies

To clarify: for simplicity in the blog post, we skipped ahead a bit to a sample with actual content. The virtual room never gets sent to Unity. Rather, these screenshots show a scene where a meshing component has been added to render the meshing data detected by the virtual device. This is to mimic what would happen with a physical device.

For getting started, I would recommend working with the official documentation and samples.

5. bite-unity

bite-unity

Took me a while navigating the links, in order to render the wire frame, one can follow this tutorial. Don't forget to download the Magic Leap Unity Package from the Magic Leap PackageManager.

To access more resources head to world reconstruction link.

jj-unity and stenfeio like this.
  6. mahewitt

mahewitt

Got me that one too (and probably anyone else who reads the blog) so suggest to update the content.

7. vincismurf

vincismurf

Ok I got the wireframes to render in the unity scene. . . of course they show up back in the simulator, is this expected?

Attached Files: