Search Unity

Settings For Windows Mixed Reality

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Mister0, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Mister0

Mister0

I am trying to create my first Microsoft Mixed reality project using the Microsoft Mixed reality developer kit.
    Unity documentation recommends I use the Microsoft documentation located at the following URL:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/holograms-100
    In that documentation’s “Chapter 3 - Setup the Project Settings” at several points the documentation says to select options located under the “Windows Store” icon which is not available as Unity has deprecated support for the .NET scripting backend and supports IL2CPP instead. I don’t really understand what that means at all. What options should I now choose when developing for Microsoft Mixed Reality. Is there up to date documentation that walks me through how to do so? I have Unity hub, so should I just develop with an older version of Unity?

2. darkdescendant

darkdescendant

What version of Unity are you using?

3. darkdescendant

darkdescendant

When they say the "Windows Store icon" they mean the blue square with a cross (It looks like the new Windows logo). That is the general icon that designates the Windows Store platform set of features. That icon should be available regardless of scripting background.

Looking at the docs I assume you mean this section:

Note

If you do not see the Windows Store icon, double check to make sure you selected the Windows Store .NET Scripting Backend prior to installation. If not, you may need to reinstall Unity with the correct Windows installation.​

That is definitely not supported for 19.1 but I though 18.3 still had the .Net runtime in it. What you have to do is go to the installer (through hub) and make sure that you have or do install the specific .Net runtime package.