Search Unity

Settings are not optimal for development. Apply?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by joanpescador, Mar 1, 2022.

1. joanpescador

joanpescador

I have 200 terrains in the scene. Everytime I want to change some parameter. Terrain texture for instance. I have to click 200 times the popup box that appears with this message:
    Settings are not optimal for development. Apply?
    Why is not there a "not show this button anymore" or "do the same every time" option to this box.
    What I'm missing?
    Thanks,
    Joan

Attached Files:

2. altepTest

altepTest

but why do you get that message?

searching online for that message brings remarkable few results

3. joanpescador

joanpescador

Thanks for answering.
    I change the WrapMode of some terrain textures to Repeat. When you add this texture to the terrain, Unity displays that message. If you have many terrains, the message is displayed once for each terrain. If you update the project or just delete the library, you have to reapply hundreds of times manually.
    It seems weird to me no one else is facing this problem.

4. Loryer00

Loryer00

@joanpescador this problem is frustrating, also i've been having problems for years and i've never found a solution.
    Did you manage to get over it?

5. altepTest

altepTest

Maybe you could use one of those programs that automate the keyboard or mouse clicks. So you can tell it to click on that button automatically. But careful what program you use because I think some may be malware or viruses. Never tired myself and I can't recommend something specific

6. joanpescador

joanpescador

For me was solved with the last update of EasyRoad3D. I don't know if your case is using the same plugin.

7. Loryer00

Loryer00

Thanks guys.
    @joanpescador Unfortunately I'm not using that plugin :(

@altepTest As for the idea of software that presses the mouse by itself it might work...although I was hoping to find a more "elegant" solutiono_O
    But thanks for the message, at the moment it could be the only solution I have:rolleyes: