Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Setting up Unity for Tizen deployment

Discussion in 'Tizen' started by Aurore, Jun 9, 2015.

1. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

I'm using the official Tizen InApp package, can InApps be tested before uploading to the platform.
    I seem to get a error from the logs thats not making sense?

2. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Not familiar with the InApp software. You might have better luck with their support.

3. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

There have been no tizen changes to 5.3 recently. Have you updated your Tizen SDK recently or made any other changes to your Tizen development setup?

4. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Yes I updated to latest Tizen SDK when prompted, is this a issue?

5. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Some people have needed to reinstall the certificate via Permit to Install Applications in the Tizen IDE. Otherwise no known issues.

6. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

7. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

8. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Read the other thread, I have nicely linked you to it..

9. pandawabs

pandawabs

I've problem when installing TPK into device. The error code is 117 (see attached file). I found the article about this error code: https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/SDK#error_117 . It said that

The application ID (*) is already registered.
    To launch the project(*) again, please change the application ID of the project(*) in the manifest editor.
    How to change the application ID in Unity? This issue happened when I build the 2nd app. The first one was successful.

Attached Files:

10. kenlem

kenlem

I'
    m running into the same error. I was able to push to the emulator 4 or 5 times and then I started getting this.

11. Moonjump

Moonjump

I did not post in this thread before as I didn't think my issue was related to anything here, but I misunderstood some things at the time (and still do some of those things). Originally I was focused on an unexplained, undocumented Finder window that opened halfway through a build, rather than the error message that came after.

I passed the first stage of the Tizen competition a week ago and have had an app ready, but have not been able to create a tpk file for upload to the Tizen store. I have been tearing my hair out as I may now have missed out on the badly needed money from being in the first 50 to upload an app.

I have been getting the dreaded "UnityException: Signing failure! Profiles path in Tizen CLI configuration does not exist." message. I have asked for help here, but no solution yet: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/setting-up-the-tizen-cli-environment.427654/

There is one way in which I have cheated. I haven't got a Tizen device, so wanted to bypass testing on a device. The game in question has already been run on iOS, Android, and Windows Phone 8. I never had an Android device at the time I first built for Android, but it worked perfectly first time. Therefore to get the Signing Certificate, I went to the Samsung test lab (which is not currently working) and got a DUID for a Samsung Z2.

Documentation hasn't been able to provide answers, so I have some questions that might help me understand the situation better, and therefore set me on the way to finding a solution:

1. When I press Build in Unity. It asks for a folder to build to as normal. I just created a folder within my Unity project, just as I would for other platforms. Is that OK to do?

2. The first time I tried Build, it got half way and a Finder window opened. It did not say what it was for, nor can I find any documentation. I tried setting this to multiple options it would not accept before it accepted the tizen-sdk folder. It was shortly after this selection that the signing failure message appeared. It goes to the signing failure error message on subsequent build attempts without the Finder window appearing (is it just accepting my choice from the last time? I have set up multiple OS X installations to try this again, Finder appears first time, never again). So my question is, what was that Finder window for?

3. All the Unity documentation is on building to a device. There is none about creating a tpk for the store. What are the differences?

4. Related to question 3, do I really need a device to build for the store (which would be unlike the other Unity platforms)?

In case it is relevant, here is my setup:
    Unity 5.4.0f3 Personal
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
    Tizen SDK 2.4.0_Rev8

EDIT: I got it to work on a fresh installation of OS X. Make sure you reboot after installing the Tizen SDK.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  12. Eewhukn

Eewhukn

Type *#84936# - The numbers 84936 spell out TIZEN.

I enter it, but nothing happens
    4.PNG 5.PNG

13. nikrath

nikrath

Hi,
    I made a game that works fine on iOS and android, and the game also works perfectly on the Tizen emulator. But when I play the same game on a tizen device, all the graphics are frozen. Like the game mechanisms are working because I can hear my character doing all the things when I press the buttons, BUT i cannot see any of it because the screen is just stuck, its like time has frozen in game. Pls help

P.S After hours of experimenting i just figured the problem was caused by a motion blur script attached to the camera, which for some reason does not work on tizen device

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  14. vijay-goswami

vijay-goswami

Hi ,
    When I build and run my tizen project , during signing and packaging step it gives Build Error.

like :- Failed to sign and package the application. Check the editor log for more details.

author and distributor certificates created successfully. CLI env. successful.

Unity version - 5.4.0f3
    tizen studio version - 1.2
    plz Help

Attached Files:

15. vijay-goswami

vijay-goswami

Yeah , Unity5.4.5P4 patch release solved this problem.

16. zezba9000

zezba9000

Anybody know where the "Permit to Install Applications" option is in Tizen Studio 2.0??
    They removed it and I cannot for the life of me even find what the CLI way of doing this is either.\

Samsung doesn't even have download links to legacy versions of their tools.