Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Setting up Unity for Tizen deployment

Discussion in 'Tizen' started by Aurore, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

2. zezba9000

zezba9000

Woo Hoo, now we just need some Tizen devices in the US.
    Are the Z1 Phones from India easy to set to English?

3. skaljac

skaljac

Hi,
    I have just download Unity 5.1 personal license, but I can't find Tizen in platform list.
    Is Tizen support limited for personal license? I can't find any info about that.

4. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Tizen support is available as a separate download. You can find it in the Additional Downloads dropdown on the Unity 5.1 download page.

5. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Absolutely. On the phone just go to Settings->Language and Input->Display Language

6. sangeeta chowdhary

sangeeta chowdhary

Hello,
    I am trying to develop tizen app using unity. I have 64bit windows machine and i have downloaded unity 5.0.1f1 version.
    Please direct me how can I build sample app in unity for tizen.

7. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Unity for Tizen requires Unity 5.1. After you upgrade Unity and install the Tizen editor support you can follow the directions in the setup link at the top of this thread.

8. sangeeta chowdhary

sangeeta chowdhary

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I have downloaded unity 5.1 but still I can not see tizen platform while building and running. I have Tizen 2.3 installed in my system. Do I need to setup some path in Unity or is there any other way?

9. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Did you also install the Tizen editor support and restart the Editor? The editor support can be downloaded from here under Additional Downloads. http://unity3d.com/get-unity/download?ref=personal

10. sangeeta chowdhary

sangeeta chowdhary

Hello,
    Thanks for your help, after downloading tizen support I am able to get Tizen platform in unity. But still I am facing problem while building app for tizen.
    I have set CLI path but I always get error "Default profile path is not set in the Tizen CLI configuration".

11. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

A patch should be coming tomorrow that may help with this but in the meantime make sure that there are no spaces in the path to your project. The Tizen tools sometimes have problems with spaces. Also check that you have Oracle Java v7 or later installed as it is a prerequisite for Tizen development.

12. sangeeta chowdhary

sangeeta chowdhary

Hello, There are no spaces...this is the command I have given -

C:\>.\tizen-sdk\tools\ide\bin\tizen.bat cli-config "default.profiles.path=C:\Use
    rs\sangeeta.c\workspace2\.metadata\.plugins\org.tizen.common.sign\profiles.xml"
    Setting configuration is succeeded....

I have java version 8 installed in my system. Please let me know name of the path. Thanks a lot :)

13. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

14. sangeeta chowdhary

sangeeta chowdhary

Hello,

You have mentioned about patch which can help me to resolve this problem(setting CLI path error). I wanted to know about that patch link.

15. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Oh ok. The links that I posted are the the links for the patch that I was speaking of.

16. sangeeta chowdhary

sangeeta chowdhary

This link is for Tizen support which I have installed and I could see Tizen with other platforms. While building I am getting this error - Default profile path is not set in the Tizen CLI configuration. While I have set as I have mentioned before.
    Any idea how can I resolve this?

17. a2z

a2z

stuck with "Default profile path is not set in the Tizen CLI configuration".
    Help !!

18. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Are there any spaces in the path to your project or Tizen workspace?
    Are you able to deploy projects from the Tizen IDE?

19. a2z

a2z

NO None

20. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

21. chandu125

chandu125

Hi,
    I am also getting same problem:"Default profile path is not set in the Tizen CLI configuration".
    After completion of Tizen SDK installation showing some information like "Some Tizen SDK components may not work at" may be this is the reason or any other issue? please help me out on this...

22. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Hi,

That message could certainly be related to any problems that you're having. Have you also completed the setup steps for creating a signing profile and setting up the Tizen CLI tools? Also, what OS is this on?

23. zezba9000

zezba9000

Where you on windows? I followed the steps perfectly a second time on a different computer and had this issue on Windows. I'm hoping someone else is able to repo the same issue I had. Are you on Unity5.1.2, Windows 8.1, TizenSDK 2.3.0_rev3?

24. chandu125

chandu125

Where you on windows? I followed the steps perfectly a second time on a different computer and had this issue on Windows. I'm hoping someone else is able to repo the same issue I had. Are you on Unity5.1.2, Windows 8.1, TizenSDK 2.3.0_rev3?

I am having unity 5.1.2f1(64-bit), Windows 8.1, Tizen SDK 2.3.0_rev3..
    Have u received any certification mail from samsung??
    Yesterday i was uploaded a .csr file in samsung as they mentioned in unity tizen dock step3,still i didn't get any certification mail.what i am thinking is once we upload a certificate in Tizen SDK then only we are able to build it for tizen.

25. gj421-joung

gj421-joung

Hi?
    I have a question. I've installed Unity 5.1.2f1 at Windows 7 64-bit machine.
    But, I couldn't download and install the Tizen support package from URL below.
    http://netstorage.unity3d.com/unity...itySetup-Tizen-Support-for-Editor-5.1.2f1.exe
    As of now, when I select "Tizen support for editor" from Unity 5.1.2 for Windows download page, URL above is downloaded. But, actually it seems that file is absent. The web server's content is "File not found."
    Without installing that file, can I still build an Unity application for Tizen??

26. zezba9000

zezba9000

Yes I got and installed those. Was able to push to the device with the TizenIDE just fine. Did you get the TizenIDE able to push and run builds?

27. zezba9000

zezba9000

Unity 5.1.2p1 works on Windows correctly!
    Build&Run doesn't upload the tpk file to your device though.
    Use this terminal command to do that: "C:\tizen-sdk\tools\sdb.exe install pathTo.tpk"

28. chandu125

chandu125

Hi,
    This is the error i am getting while build from unity.Now i am not getting this error "Default profile path is not set in the Tizen CLI configuration".
    Win32Exception: ApplicationName='C:/tizen-sdk\tools\ide/bin/tizen.bat', CommandLine=' cli-config -l', CurrentDirectory='Temp/StagingArea'
    System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_noshell (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process)
    System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_common (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process)
    System.Diagnostics.Process.Start ()
    (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process:Start ()
    UnityEditor.Utils.Program.Start () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Utils/Program.cs:33)
    UnityEditor.Tizen.TizenUtilities.ExecuteSystemProcess (System.String command, System.String args, System.String workingdir, Boolean displayProgress, System.String progressTitle, System.String progressInfo) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/TizenPlayer/Extensions/Managed/TizenUtilities.cs:248)
    UnityEditor.Tizen.TizenUtilities.ExecuteSystemProcess (System.String command, System.String args, System.String workingdir) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/TizenPlayer/Extensions/Managed/TizenUtilities.cs:230)
    UnityEditor.Tizen.TizenUtilities.ValidateSigningProfile (System.String stagingArea) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/TizenPlayer/Extensions/Managed/TizenUtilities.cs:94)
    UnityEditor.Tizen.PostProcessTizenPlayer.PostProcess (BuildTarget target, System.String stagingAreaDataUpperCase, System.String stagingArea, System.String stagingAreaDataManaged, System.String playerPackage, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, BuildOptions options) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/TizenPlayer/Extensions/Managed/BuildPostProcess.cs:51)
    UnityEditor.Tizen.TizenBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (BuildPostProcessArgs args) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/TizenPlayer/Extensions/Managed/ExtensionModule.cs:60)
    UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Postprocess (BuildTarget target, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, Int32 width, Int32 height, System.String downloadWebplayerUrl, System.String manualDownloadWebplayerUrl, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:316)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()
    Today i received the certification file from the Samsung, but i don't have the Tizen os devise

29. chandu125

chandu125

I installed Unity 5.1.2p1,
    Finally i got the error like:
    Error building Player: Win32Exception: ApplicationName='C:/tizen-sdk\tools\ide/bin/tizen.bat', CommandLine=' cli-config -l', CurrentDirectory='/'
    can u please tell me why its happening??

30. zezba9000

zezba9000

Did you run the command from the docs: ".\tizen-sdk\tools\ide\bin\tizen.bat cli-config "default.profiles.path=C:\path\to\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.tizen.common.sign\profiles.xml""

While the docs should be updated to say this on Windows you need to run that command within your TizenIDE test proj folder.
    1) cd into the TizenIDE "workspace/TestProj/" folder.
    2) Run the command from there.
    3) Look at your profiles.xml file located within the .metadata folder of your TizenIDE workspace.
    4) Get your signing ID / profile name (probably default) from there and set that name in your Unity Player Settings for Tizen.

Idk if thats part of your issue both those type of steps worked for me.

31. chandu125

chandu125

I am not able to understand what you are telling..if i run this command ".\tizen-sdk\tools\ide\bin\tizen.bat cli-config "default.profiles.path=C:\path\to\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.tizen.common.sign\profiles.xml"" nothing happened this time.
    What is the exact command have to run from the doc? I have created the "Workspace" in "C" drive img..PNG
    please check this one and let me clarify on this.....

32. Ooviya

Ooviya

pathsucceeded.png
    I got my configuration setting succeeded..... yet the error as "default profile path not set " error during "build"....

Help me solve this............... pathNotSet.png

MrEsquire likes this.
  33. zezba9000

zezba9000

Its not working because your "terminal" path is wrong. See how your working path is set to "C:\Workspace" but needs to be "C:\Workspace\YourProjFolder".

This should be updated in the Unity docs as the way they say to set the path doesn't work as is.

34. chandu125

chandu125

I created one native sample application in Tizen IDE and i have give the path like this: Capture3.PNG
    this is what you are telling right?but i don't know how it could work..
    and one more request is could please give me the step by step process along with screen shots to build and run the unity sample app in Tizen Device still i am not able to do this from windows..

35. Ooviya

Ooviya

I cant get you.... which path am i need to give at "pathTo"...

36. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Could you file a bug on the documentation for this along with any recommended wording? Thanks!

37. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Step by step instructions are here: http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/tizen-setup.html

38. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

That issue has been resolved for the next patch release. Very sorry for the inconvenience.

39. chandu125

chandu125

40. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

41. chandu125

chandu125

i have installed Tizen SDK in C drive.....

42. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Ok. Well let's say that it is installed at C:\tizen-sdk. Here are the commands that you need to run, tailored for your system, in order to get things working.

cd C:\Workspace\SampleApp
    C:\tizen-sdk\tools\ide\bin\tizen.bat cli-config "default.profiles.path=C:\Workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.tizen.common.sign\profiles.xml"

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  43. anand.r

anand.r

Hi,
    I am getting the same error "Default profile path is not set in the Tizen CLI configuration" while trying to build the Unity project for Tizen.
    I am using Unity Personal version 5.1.2f1.
    I am able to build projects from Tizen IDE sucessfully.
    I have run the below command to setup Profile path.

C:\>.\tizen-sdk\tools\ide\bin\tizen.bat cli-config "default.profiles.path=C:\Users\anand.rud\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.tizen.common.sign\profiles.xml"
    Setting configuration is succeeded....

unity_error.png

44. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Hello All!

Many of you have had trouble getting things set up and I'm hoping to gather some information to help me resolve the issues. I'm giving you a build that has some extra logging in it. This is not an official release build.

https://oc.unity3d.com/index.php/s/pULuUQAwZgsJClK

This is a Windows only build, if you are having issues please sent the editor log to david.rogers [ at ] unity3d.com

Thanks!

David Rogers

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  45. anand.r

anand.r

Hi David,
    I believe you shared the 64bit operating system version. Can you share the 32 bit version so that i can test with it and send you the editor logs.
    And please mention how to enable the editor logs and capture them as i am relatively new to Unity.

46. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

47. kaviya

kaviya

Hi..
    I am getting this error
    "Signing is required for tizen deployment.sighning profile name must not be blank.
    Unityeditor.hostview:eek:ngui()"
    while trying to run unity project in tizen

48. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Hi,

First I would use the most recent patch release. That may solve your issue. Otherwise, double check that everything was set up correctly following http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/tizen-setup.html

49. robson_depaula

robson_depaula

50. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Those files are no longer needed, Tizen support is now included in the editor installer. Where did you get the links for them? I'll talk to the right people to get them removed.