Search Unity

Setting up the bones for an avatar does not work

Discussion in 'Animation' started by imakemygame, Nov 21, 2013.

1. imakemygame

imakemygame

Hello,
    I have a fbx model and I want to set it to humanoid for Mecanim. The problem is that I have to set it up by myself. The left and right hand has to be on the forearm, so I put the hands at the forearms in the hierarchy. And also put the hands in the handslots. Then all is green when I make it T-Pose and Apply. But the character do not make any animation and so I went back in the configuration window and I see that the hierarchy is reset to the old?. I also tried the Mapping - "Save" but what can I do with the ".ht" file?

I am really happy if you can help me!

Martin

2. Archania

Archania

It will not play anything until you make a animator controller and put animations in to it.
    You want to use mecanim so do the avatar creation. Appky an animator controller to the game object and apply animations in the controller.

3. imakemygame

imakemygame

I know about using mecanim. There are a couple of characters in my project using animations like you said with the animator controller. That is not the point.
    Look at the picture I attach
    $wizard2.JPG

Even after using the Automap and T-Pose Buttons the character is not "green" so I made what Unity said:
    Hands are not child of the "ForeTwist" so I changed it. After apply and T-Pose the character is "green". But when I am back in Unity on the character and I click "Animations" (the button right of the button "Rig") then it usually it shows me all animations which I can also preview. But there is the unity avatar in the funky pose which shows me that the avatar is not in the pose it has to be.

So when I now went back to the Rig in Unity, the character and especially the bone hierarchy is not in the position that I made when I left this by apply and done.