Search Unity

setting up profile

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by NorthernVisionStudio, Nov 2, 2016.

1. NorthernVisionStudio

NorthernVisionStudio

Hi Unity folks,

Setting up my personal and company profile..
    couple of issues:

1. My actual location won't get accepted because its not on the master list
    2. There is a slot for 'banner' in the company profile. But, it doesn't say what size it wants. I tried a few different images and all I get on my company page is a picture of coffee beans (stock photo, not mine).

Thanks

Geo

2. markp-unity

markp-unity

Hey!

Thanks for using Connect :D What city are you trying to use? That will help us identify what went wrong. Sometimes its in the country's original or native spelling.

Remember to hit save with the banner after you're done repositioning it. We'l look into making this a little easier to use

Thanks for the feedback!

3. NorthernVisionStudio

NorthernVisionStudio

Hi Mark,

I'm trying to use Bonners Ferry, Idaho. It doesn't matter for my case, since I can use a city an hour south with no ill effect. But for others who want to ensure their exact town is written, it will be a problem.

So about the banner, you are saying any size will work? Any specs to make it look best?

Thanks!

4. markp-unity

markp-unity

Hey,

Let me try to loop in the designer to get specs. I'll be back tomorrow hopefully with details.

5. luisdong_unity

luisdong_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey,
    Thank you for your feedback!
    1. About the location issue, we will try to specify the location master list to include more locations.

2. About the banner image for company, please see screenshot below, actually there are 2 banner images for company, one is Thumbnail image(Marked blue), which will be displayed in the Company List; the other is Cover image(Marked red), which will be displayed in the company profile page.
    these are two different images, is it possible that you only upload one image? Actually, 2 images for company may cause confusion, we will try to figure out a solution to resolve this.
    btw, the suggested image for thumbnail image is:398*184, we will also add it to this page soon. upload_2016-11-2_15-22-29.png

6. NorthernVisionStudio

NorthernVisionStudio

Thank you, Luis, for your help.

I was able to change the banner. And, when I tried the suggested thumb resolution, my image was cropped on the top and bottom, at least in the preview slot.

Curious what the banner suggested resolution is

Thanks

7. luisdong_unity

luisdong_unity

Unity Technologies

yes, the preview effect is like cropped in the Create Company page, but this resolution is the best for the Company List page, we will try to optimize the preview effect in the Create Company page.

8. AbandonedCart

AbandonedCart

Since the image is cropped and positioned when uploading, I inspected the element to get the actual size.

The banner is 998 x 340 actual size, but supports uploading 1996 x 680 if you have a hi-resolution image.