Search Unity

Setting up Oculus Quest for Editor Mode

Discussion in 'VR' started by KliveOne, Apr 2, 2020.

1. KliveOne

KliveOne

Hellos, I cannot seem to find out a way to enable the Oculus Quest to show whats in the editor via play mode (game window) onto the VR Device.

I looked into some ways about doing this but seem to be very old and outdated. Is there a new way to do this without having to build an APK to test scenes?

Thank you.

2. NewMagic-Studio

NewMagic-Studio

I can run steamvr game in editor with quest enabling untrusted sources in the oculus app in desktop using oculus link

3. xtr33me

xtr33me

As new magic studio stated above, you will need an oculus link cable to do this, or equivalent. If you have this then you just need to make sure your project is setup for both android (quest) and PC (rift). So if you are using the older, soon to be deprecated oculus setup then just make sure to install both the oculus android and oculus desktop packages. If you are using the new XR Management and XR Oculus plugin then reference Fangh's response here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/getting-quest-link-to-work-in-unity.780203/#post-5600656

This got me up and running perfectly. Pretty much if you are performing a full build to your device, it will use Android config and if you have the Oculus Link cable connected, it will treat it as a Rift build and allow you to debug/run from the editor and on the device.

mandisaw and jipsen like this.
  4. a436t4ataf

a436t4ataf

If you're using XR, then the android part is outdated info, stopped being true a month ago (months ago?). Eventually you'll need it for doing a publishable build, but for play-mode it's ignored.

Although to add to your comment about the cable: OP needs to have an actual USB3 cable. Even in retail, a lot of "usb3 cables" aren't USB3, they're USB2, and the retailer is unaware there's a physical difference internally :(.