Search Unity

Setting Up Hololens SinglePass Stereoscopic SBS image.

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by unity_19386993, Jan 19, 2019.

1. unity_19386993

unity_19386993

Currently i am making an application for Hololens which contains various UI elements, a cursor and potentially some 3d objects. One of the UI elements is a stereoscopic SBS 3D image. It is from a media stream (over the network) not a Video.
    My current setup is with 2 cameras, one for each eye. The 3d Image Left half is shown on a Raw image and seen by the 'Left' camera. Directly on top of this i have another raw image of the same size with the Right Half of the 3d image and is only seen by the 'Right' camera. Everything else is seen by both cameras. It uses 'multipass' method.

I have tried to find out how to set this up for single pass instancing however most of the information references Shaders and using stereoEyeIndex and other Shader parameters. There are no full examples that i could see (Or i failed to understand the ones that they provided.)

Is there any project examples with this implemented. My understanding of Unity is rudimentary.

I just want to setup one texture where in the hololens left half is displayed in the left eye and the right half is displayed in the right eye. And i would like single pass instancing. Preferably for 2017.4

2. GuyTidhar

GuyTidhar

Every thing but the SBS UI works when you are SPSR enabled?
    So the shader rendering the object that should display the SBS does not support SPSR? Which shader is it?