Search Unity

Setting up for Android

Discussion in 'Android' started by Invisible-Eyes, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Invisible-Eyes

Invisible-Eyes

Hi

Following this guide:
    https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials...ty-game-android-device-testing?playlist=17138

I did the "Download the Android SDK Tools (also referred to on the site as "the command line tools") ", but when I run the android file it just run something that is to fast to see and I dont get this popup with a list of packages.

Any ideas?

If I just skip that and do the rest I get the ... "version 0.0.0 < 23.0.0." when I build, which I assume is for the above reason.

2. JuliusM

JuliusM

Unity Technologies

There were some changes in Android SDK. Now it's strongly recommended to download Android Studio if you want to get a similar user interface where you could select which SDK components you want to install. If you prefer to stay with command line tools only, you should use "sdkmanager" https://developer.android.com/studio/command-line/sdkmanager.html to install required platforms.

3. Invisible-Eyes

Invisible-Eyes

Thx, I did try to use Android studio64 an I downloaded/updated the newest android versions from 6.0-8.0 (API level 23 -26).
    Still it does not work and Unity ask me to run SDK manager manually.

:/

4. Invisible-Eyes

Invisible-Eyes

And in Android Studio under SDK Tools I have installed:

- Android SDK build-Tools
    - Android Emulator
    - Android SDK Platform-Tools
    - Android SDK Tools
    - Documentation for Android SDK
    - ...(HAXM installer)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  5. Invisible-Eyes

Invisible-Eyes

If I choose use highest... it cannot find the SDK either.

6. JuliusM

JuliusM

Unity Technologies

In Android Studio when you open the SDK Manager there are three tabs. "SDK Platforms", "SDK Tools" and "SDK Update Sites". From what you've listed it seems that you've installed everything you need from "SDK Tools" tab, but you also need to install at least one Android API from the "SDK Platforms" tab.
    Also, you might have multiple Android SDK locations on your computer. Make sure that the Android SDK Location shown in the Android Studio's SDK Manager is the same as the one specified in Unity Editor.

7. Invisible-Eyes

Invisible-Eyes

Thx from the SDK Platform I have API level 23-27.
    I have changed the path to C:/Users/.../AppData/Local/Android/sdk , instead of the only command line stuff that I had on a desktop folder.
    I get: "Unable to list target platforms. Please make sure the android sdk path is correct. ..."

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  8. JuliusM

JuliusM

Unity Technologies

9. Invisible-Eyes

Invisible-Eyes

Thx, the Java stuff helped :)

According to the guide: "Go to the Java site to download the most recent JDK. It’s labelled as "Java Platform (JDK)". Choose the one with the highest version number." Perhaps it should be updated, lol.
    I did had the feeling there was something with the jdk-9.0.1, so I did try with lower versions with no luck.
    I changed the path and created a Java_Home variable. If it that had been a part of the tutorial it would have save me some time looking through bad advice and fake news in forums.