Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Setting the parent of a transform which resides in a Prefab Asset is disabled to prevent data ..

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by unity_skPGxJ5XjTl8yw, May 19, 2021.

1. unity_skPGxJ5XjTl8yw

unity_skPGxJ5XjTl8yw

Hello,

i have a prefab which includes a structure like this:

I want to use this prefab inside two other prefabs to setup the rigs and orbits on instantiation.

Sadly its not possible to archive that in case of the following error:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Setting the parent of a transform which resides in a Prefab Asset is disabled to prevent data corruption (GameObject: 'TopRig').
    2. UnityEditor.Undo:SetTransformParent (UnityEngine.Transform,UnityEngine.Transform,string)
    3. Cinemachine.CinemachineFreeLookEditor/CreateRigWithUndo/<>c:<.cctor>b__0_0 (Cinemachine.CinemachineFreeLook,string,Cinemachine.CinemachineVirtualCamera) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.cinemachine@2.7.3/Editor/Editors/CinemachineFreeLookEditor.cs:137)
    4. Cinemachine.CinemachineFreeLook:CreateRigs (Cinemachine.CinemachineVirtualCamera[]) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.cinemachine@2.7.3/Runtime/Behaviours/CinemachineFreeLook.cs:543)
    5. Cinemachine.CinemachineFreeLook:UpdateRigCache () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.cinemachine@2.7.3/Runtime/Behaviours/CinemachineFreeLook.cs:612)
    6. Cinemachine.CinemachineFreeLook:GetRig (int) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.cinemachine@2.7.3/Runtime/Behaviours/CinemachineFreeLook.cs:167)
    I try to access the camera like this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. var cinemachineFreeLookCamera = camera.GetComponentInChildren<CinemachineFreeLook>();
    Is there anything i can do about that?

Thank you very much