Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Feature Request Setting stencils in shader graph

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by Thomas-Mountainborn, Apr 30, 2024.

1. Thomas-Mountainborn

Thomas-Mountainborn

Referring from this post, apparently we're supposed to ask here to get the stencil buffer settings exposed to Shader graph. I don't know how many years shader graph has been out already, but it's incomprehensible that this simple thing isn't in yet.

funkyCoty and Mockarutan like this.
  2. KrabbyQ

KrabbyQ

Up this request! This would be a huge quality of life improvement! We had to customize URP/ShaderGraph package to add stencil support which is a huge pain for updating the project.

Thomas-Mountainborn likes this.
  3. funkyCoty

funkyCoty

4. Qleenie

Qleenie

5. fleity

fleity

I get that the render state switch which the stencil buffer requires breaks srp batching and that makes it potentially difficult to use without issues for some users - but I very much agree, modifying the shadergraph template to include stencil buffer ist absolutely doable hence it should have been added a long time ago, maybe hidden behind a toggle if need be.
    +1