Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Setting position of AR object relative to image target

Discussion in 'AR' started by jhall-amp, Sep 17, 2021.

1. jhall-amp

jhall-amp

Hi there,

I have searched around and thought I found some answers, but in the end none have these have yielded the desired result.

So, I have a Unity/Vuforia AR project using a standard image target to spawn an animated 3D object. Because the Target may be either flat on a table (horizontal) or hung on a wall (vertical), I needed it to be oriented the upright independently of the target's orientation.

I managed to find help with this and have a working script, however, this has created a new issue. Because I cannot have the object as a child of the target for this script to work, the object now spawns at some distance from the target, sometimes it is out of view and sometimes it spawns on top of the camera.

What I need and have not yet found, is a way to locate the object at the same location as the target, as it would if it was a child of the target.

I have attached an image to try and show the issue.

I am using Unity 2020.3.17 and Vuforia Engine 10.1.4

Thanks in advance for your wisdom and help.

Justin

Attached Files:

2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Hey hey. So, Vuforia support is handled directly by them. Please report your issues and questions to Vuforia's forums and their team will help address.

3. jhall-amp

jhall-amp

I have also posted on Vuforia's forums, but the project is built in Unity, just using the Vuforia Engine.

4. peternono70

peternono70

Did you get a solution to this?
    Stuck on the same issue

5. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

As @TreyK-47 mentioned above, Unity does not triage Vuforia issues in this forum, so you are likely to receive better help in the Vuforia forums. This thread will remain open in case someone from the community is able to help. Best of luck!