Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Setting orientation of Ads (Interstitial / Rewarded) on Android

Discussion in 'Unity Ads' started by ardovic, Oct 1, 2019.

1. ardovic

ardovic

Hello,

I'm integrating Unity Ads into my game app (build with Android SDK, not Unity, though I still want to use the unity Ads SDK for a reason).

My app has a special orientation situation going on, I'll try to explain here, but you can also check it yourself if you want to (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.solitaire.klondike.smart). Anyways, here is the deal:

The orientation is set to portrait in AndroidManifest.xml, but I use Sensor API and change game stuff according to users current device holding position, in other words I manage game orientation manually.

The problem is with the ads, I can use AdMob only when user is in portrait mode (since the game is in portrait mode for the system at all times). But I would like to let the user have a good experience with ads in any orientation (including reversed portrait and landscape both saides). I've read that Unity Ads are more flexible, and I can run them in landscape mode even if the app is in portrait.

For this, I would like to know how can I FORCE the ad (let's say rewarded Unity video ad) to look exactly the way I want it to, in accordance with users REAL orientation.

Previously, I implemented 'native' ads from AdMob and was rotating the View for the user, but it was not so polished and not very effective, so I removed it after a while.

Would really appreciate if someone gave me a method or something I could use in the Unity Ads SDK for Android to achive my goal.

Thanks in advance,
    Serj Ardovic