Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Setting not updaet with Profile?

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Nickromancer, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Nickromancer

Nickromancer

I am new to this addressables system and have a little question regarding how to use it properly.

I currently have two profiles : FullVersion and Demo.
    I disabled "Include in Build" in a FullVersion only group in Demo profile so that those content will not be build for demo. However, after I changed the active profile to Standard, the "Include in Build" is still disabled (in both profiles). It does not save with the profile. What did I do wrong? Is profile not suppose to be used this way?

Another question is: I want to know is if I release a patch updating outdated content, will addressable help me remove the outdated content or will it just load new content on top of that. I am worrying if I release too much updates, it will consume a lots of harddisk space due to duplications.

Thanks in advance.

2. BonitaPersona

BonitaPersona

Bumping this, because I consider this a feature that would be extremely useful.

Not only for this case of having a Demo and Full versions, but also for having different compressions on different systems, or even setting the Bundle Mode/Naming differently, as each system patching calculations work differently.

Keep in mind that we can't have more than one addressable reference to a single asset, so there's no easy way for us to set different non-destructive environments.

I'm now trying to sort this out by manually changing the bool includeInBuild from my own code, which is a very error-prone, intrusive and hard-to-maintain solution.

3. BonitaPersona

BonitaPersona

So I just found out that IncludeInBuild refers to the addressable build, and not the game build.

Therefore, there seems to be no way to exclude groups from a game build whatsoever, once built. Other than, of course, removing them manually with the IncludeInBuild from the addressable build and triggering another game build (or straight removing the files themselves afterwards). This makes sense considering there can be (and in my case are) dependencies and duplicates between groups.

I guess I'll make my script to set the IncludeInBuild bools and other group settings as needed, and then trigger a build.

This still sounds like a very useful and legitimate feature to add.