Search Unity

Setting light source inside a building for night view

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Kashif Amin, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Kashif Amin

Kashif Amin

Dear All,

I am making a city scene for a game. Please guide me how can i set light inside the building so that at night the exterior looks like the picture in the attachment.

What i am doing is create a box in .3ds format and texture it through a building texture in such a way that the windows in the texture has been croped and save in the PNG format. Then i import the .3ds file in unity with png texture covering the building box and insert all type of light source but not able to achieve my goal.

Please help.

Attached Files:

2. Kashif Amin

Kashif Amin

Please Help

3. Thunderent

Thunderent

Pocket Artist

You can use the Self-Illumin shader to make the windows look like those windows in the picture...

4. kinetiknz

kinetiknz

Hey, I would do a post fx glow instead of self illum texture. or both effects. i think it will get you the look you want.

5. Kashif Amin

Kashif Amin

Dear kinetiknz
    How to use it.

6. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Are you using pro or indie?

EDIT: Actually, scratch that, if you just want to have windows appear bright, just use the self illumination shader.

7. Kashif Amin

Kashif Amin

Dear AcidArrow

Please see the attached file. As you can see that there are two main issues.
    1. The Self Illum Lighting effect is white , which i want yellow (The color of the light Bulb).
    2. After using Self Illum the complete model becomes so bright that it loses reality.

Please guide.

Attached Files:

8. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Add a texture in the illum(A) slot, that is based on that texture, but is white where the windows are and dark gray on the rest. Should be easy enough to do in some image editing software.

9. Kashif Amin

Kashif Amin

What about yellow light.