Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Let us know a bit about your interests, and if you'd like to become more directly involved. Take our survey!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Setting Confiner Programmatically

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Tycellent, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Tycellent

Tycellent

Hey everyone,

I'm currently trying to access and set the confiner for a CinemachineVirtualCamera programatically. However, i'm not quite sure how to access the Confiner of the camera programatically. I was thinking it'd be something along the lines of...

Code (CSharp):
    1. CinemachineConfiner lCinemachineConfiner = lMyCinemachineVirtualCamera.GetCinemachineComponent<CinemachineConfiner>();
    and with that assigned i was hoping i could access its properties via something like this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. lMyCinemachineVirtualCamera.m_ConfineMode = CinemachineConfiner.Mode.Confine2D;
    2. lMyCinemachineVirtualCamera.m_BoundingShape2D = m_SceneConfider;
    3. lMyCinemachineVirtualCamera.m_ConfineScreenEdges = true;
    It seems that i'm not retrieving the CinemachineConfiner correctly and i guess i was hoping to get some help with this.

Any help will be appreciated and thank you to anyone visiting this!

2. aDev_

aDev_

Hello,

m_ConfineMode, m_BoundingShape2D & m_ConfineScreenEdges are properties of the confiner. So your code should be something like this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. CinemachineConfiner lCinemachineConfiner = lMyCinemachineVirtualCamera.GetComponent<CinemachineConfiner>();
    3. if(!lCinemachineConfiner)
    4. {
    5.             lCinemachineConfiner = lMyCinemachineVirtualCamera.AddComponent<CinemachineConfiner>();
    6. }
    8. lCinemachineConfiner.m_ConfineMode = CinemachineConfiner.Mode.Confine2D;
    9. lCinemachineConfiner.m_BoundingShape2D = m_SceneConfider;
    10. lCinemachineConfiner.m_ConfineScreenEdges = true;

Tycellent and Gregoryl like this.
  3. Tycellent

Tycellent

Ahh yeah you're right works perfectly. Thanks!

Bit off topic but when should i be using .GetCinemachineComponent<>()? i was under the impression that .GetCinemachineComponent<>() should be used whenever we want to get a property from the Cinemachine Virtual Camera component

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

You use that one only for the Aim/Body/Noise sub-components that don't have inspectors of their own. Everything else is an ordinary component.

Tycellent likes this.
  5. Tycellent

Tycellent

I see. Thanks for the reply!