Search Unity

"SetDestination can only be called on an active agent that has been placed on a NavMesh" ERROR

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by lukagril, Nov 28, 2017.

1. lukagril

lukagril

Hello,

I am implementing navmesh navigation in my project. My map already has walkable area baked:

I have a prefab with NavMesh Agent component and a script that sets it's destination:

Code (CSharp):
    1. void Start(){
    2.     mBasePosition = GameObject.FindGameObjectWithTag ("Player").transform.position;
    3.     mNavMeshAgent = GetComponent<NavMeshAgent> ();
    4.     mNavMeshAgent.destination = mBasePosition;
    5. }
    When I put this prefab in a scene manually (drag into scene) and start the game , navigation works without problems. But when I instantiate it from a script at runtime (prefab spawner), I get a following error when trying to set destination:

"SetDestination" can only be called on an active agent that has been placed on a NavMesh.
    UnityEngine.AI.NavMeshAgent:set_destination(Vector3)
    EnemyMovement:Start() (at Assets/Game/Scripts/Game/Enemy/EnemyMovement.cs:21)

Any ideas how to solve this ?

Regards, L

2. Kyn-Creations

Kyn-Creations

I'm getting the same error currently, and have tried numerous methods of refreshing the nav agent component, nav mesh, and position of the game object. I'll post back if I solve it. My current hypothesis is that it has to do with OnEnable, since the game objects are being created from a pool.

3. newjerseyrunner

newjerseyrunner

My guess is that you're not exactly on the navmesh. Try using NavMesh.SamplePosition to fetch the closest location to mBasePosition that's actually on the mesh.

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  4. ricky107

ricky107

Anyone find a solution?

5. gOscar

gOscar

smmtest, pixelR and FlightOfOne like this.