Search Unity

Services tab in 5.2.2p4 will not load at all - cannot turn off Test Mode

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Munzee, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Munzee

Munzee

I cannot enable the Ads for my app update that includes them to make them live (instead of in Test mode) because the Services tab will NOT load at all. Do I need to revert back to 5.1 or try out 5.3 bet and pray something ELSE doesn't break? I've tried an empty project, I've tried restarting the computer, restarting unity, waiting 20 min for it to load something - nothing. It will not load anything in the Services tab and we can't enable ads to be Live because of this forced requirement of the setting being in a web-dependent window like this.

If the services are down for some reason (which doesn't seem to be the case), can I be pointed in a direction on how to edit some config file locally to turn off test mode so I can deploy my app update? Or does Advertisement.Initiailize still work in Ads 5.2.2, despite it relying on the Services tab now?

I've attached a gif of the behavior it gives e (a blue loading bar and no content).

Attached Files:

2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Hi,

Do I get you right, that you have previously enabled ads for your project using the Services window, and now want to disable test mode?

Some possible solutions:
    1. Try to close the tab and re-open it using Window->Services menu
    2. If you are serializing files as "Force Text" (Edit->Project Settings->Editor menu), change ProjectSettings / UnityAdsSettings.asset file to have "m_TestMode: 0"
    It is possible to call Advertisement.Initialize in 5.2.x, however that requires some extra setup in your project, so let me know if any of above works.

Thanks,
    Rasmus

3. Munzee

Munzee

That is correct, Rasmus. Test mode had been working since 5.1 and I've updated to 5.2 since working on this update, but now it's time to push out the update, and the Services window won't load so I can disable test mode for release. Closing and re-opening didn't help, either.

However, using your directions (it was set to Mixed before) I was able to set it to Force Text and manually modify the value. Built it to my device, tested to display a live ad (and immediately killed the app within a second; I don't want to get in trouble with dev ad fraud or anything). So using your suggestion I was able to turn it off of Test Mode, but I still cannot load the Services window.

Thanks for the help! I am not sure if other people are having a problem with the Services window but it may be worth submitted to the bug tracker, I just don't know if it's really a problem with the editor or the services' API/server.

4. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

5. Munzee

Munzee

Since I last posted, I tried on my macbook air (the 2nd machine I use with the license for building and sending off iOS builds to Apple's App Store) and it works just fine as it did on 5.1. At a different location and different internet connection, it still does not load on my main Windows machine, so this problem still persists. I'm running Windows 8.1 fully up to date with Unity 5.2.2p4.

Checking the editor log as you pointed out, it seems there is definitely a problem with parsing the server request and response:

I replaced some strings in the JSON response in the above snippet with placeholders (noted with capital letters and underscores) since I didn't want to share specific private info for my project publicly, and that info is likely irrelevant to my particular project since it works fine on OSX with the same 5.2.2p4 version. However, if the exact log is needed with those replaced values I can privately message or email the exact log output to you.

6. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

On your Windows machine, can you try following steps?
    1. Close Unity
    2. Delete following folders:
      %userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Unity\Browser
      %userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Unity\Packages
    3. Open Unity
    And let me know if this solves the issue for you in Services window.

Thanks.

7. Munzee

Munzee

That did it! There was no Packages folder but deleting the Browser folder fixed it. I had to login again to Unity when I re-launched it so I'm guessing the login data is cached somewhere in there, but that got the Services window working again. I closed and re-opened Unity just to make sure it didn't collapse on itself after fixing it. Good to go, thank you rasmus!

rasmus-unity likes this.
  8. Nidhii

Nidhii

Hi, I am unable to see anything under Service Tab> service menu. Please check snapshots. Neither unity ads/analytic buttons etc.Members, settings, age designations etc are opening fine.
    In starting, it worked fine and I integrated unity ads & analytical normally now I want to access it for inapps. But unable to open it :( I have disabled my antivirus. Tried reloading several times, Removed browser & packages from app data >unity
    Any help would be great Thanks a lot.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      22.3 KB
      Views:
    • 02.JPG
      02.JPG
      File size:
      26.1 KB
      Views:
  9. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

I believe this was an issue with our services core. The issue should be fixed now. Please let us know if you still experience this issue.

10. Nidhii

Nidhii

Hi, I am still facing same problem.

unity-nikkolai likes this.
  11. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

12. CoopOwnz

CoopOwnz

13. PGI2017

PGI2017

I'm experiencing the same phenomena with the Services window missing.

14. JayJennings

JayJennings

Same here -- it worked fine yesterday afternoon, but when I started work yesterday evening it was gone. Tried restarting, undocking, etc. Nothing works. I do get the word "Loading..." in the middle of the panel, but it's lying.

This is with Unity 5.6.0f3 on a MBPro with macOS Sierra 10.12.4.

Jay

15. maidamedia

maidamedia

Hi, I am facing the same problem with Unity 2019.4.11f1, tried to delete browser folder, but nothing. Just the text Loading.... Also Package Manager window is empty. I am on windows 10 PC