Search Unity

Servers?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by UnknownProfile, Feb 28, 2009.

1. UnknownProfile

UnknownProfile

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
    Hi all. I'v been reading around the forums looking on advice for creating any multiuser content. I'm sort of a n00b at this stuff and just wanted some things cleared up.
    :arrow: What is RakNet?
    :arrow: How can I write a RakNet server?
    :arrow: Does it cost to use a server?
    Please Answer!!
    :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :

2. Dreamora

Dreamora

1. Raknet is a network library
    2. You likely can't if you are talking of a dedicated server. You would use a unity client as server or define a player as "host".
    3. Potentially the MasterServer / NAT Punchthrough server if you have a commercial game. But otherwise no as the players will host it.
    if you want to host it, yes it would cost you.

4. thank you for annoying the crap out of everyone with your 3year old behavior. A single ? would have done it.

3. UnknownProfile

UnknownProfile

Thanks. And with the :arrow:s and :?:s, it was dark and cloudy, and the forums are grey and depressing, i just wanted to "brighten" my day up a little.

4. jashan

jashan

I actually found it kind of creative ;-) ... but how long did it take you to find out how many :?:s go into one line of the forum?

EDIT: Oh, and btw: Google (or any other search engine) will probably return the home page of Raknet as first page ... direct link: http://www.jenkinssoftware.com/

Sunny regards,
    Jashan