Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. We have updated the language to the Editor Terms based on feedback from our employees and community. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Server Query Protocol with custom matchmaking

Discussion in 'Game Server Hosting' started by HamzaMuhammad, Aug 2, 2023.

1. HamzaMuhammad

HamzaMuhammad

Hi, how can i find the number of users in a session and if the a game is underway if i am using the fusion matchmaking. I am trying to use SQP so that i can tell server to change the number of current players on the server and also get the current number of players on the server.

I cant seem to find any example code of how to do it as the the link of example SQP being used by client is missing: https://docs.unity.com/ugs/en-us/manual/game-server-hosting/includes#

As i want to do the SQP in c# from the client, i am unable to understand how it will work. Can someone please provide a sample code of how to get SQP data from the server to the client and also how can i use SQP to update the server current player info?