Search Unity

Server client Info please.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WirealTalha, Jul 22, 2019.

1. WirealTalha

WirealTalha

So the scenario is that im creating a game. the game is 2d real time. Everything is happening in seconds. I have though about this hard and im going with client server model to prevent my game from hacking/modification. I know if its single player one shouldnt worry but I have to.

I need to understand how to put the game mechanics code on server. So that the client is only sending inputs. as per my understanding this is how it will go down.

Game: items are coming at the player every second.player has only three options swipe up to jump swipe down to crouch. or third option use booster by tapping on booster i.e slow motion etc.
    the main thing "Highscore" is being updated on how much time has passed.

now before server scene i had the item generation code in update. and swipe movement in update. What should i do? I am using azure gaming servers. Will there be a latency issue? because if there will be im screwed cuz aeverything is happening in real time. Can afford delays. even milli seconds.

how do i build a workflow around this so that everything is 100% secure.'

Please Kindly Dont write about "single player games should not worry.etc. "

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

I suggest dig out Unity FPS sample technical video, where they explain networking aspects. It is ver interesting and good to learn some networking concepts. Sorry, I don't have link off hand.

Btw. General forum section is not suitable for networking discussion. There is dedicated forum for that.

3. WirealTalha

WirealTalha

Hi, This is my first post in forums so getting to know how it works. thanks. But i am using Playfab's custom game server.so we will have very little interaction with unity networking.
    I'll check that tutorial out. Thanks again

4. Antypodish

Antypodish

Thats fine.
    My point was, by suggesting watching video, could help understand general technical aspects of networking in games. Not necessary strictly applying to Unity FPS sample.

5. WirealTalha

WirealTalha

Alright. on it. Thanks