Search Unity

Question Server build Killed on startup without any error

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Crouching-Tuna, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Crouching-Tuna

Crouching-Tuna

Hi all, so i've been hosting my server build on a linux remote VPS and so far it's worked without problem

But recently after a certain update, the latest server build just can't start

Attached is the log file, but really, there's nothing unusual there
    "Shader error" and "not a mono symbol file" are just normal errors. I've had that since forever and everything works fine (and i'm sure everyone else too)

The "Killed" part shows after a few minutes, and i'm not sure what could be causing it
    The last update i've done is integrating an asset called AdvancedPeoplePack into the existing project, and some other small edits. I really doubt it's code related part of my edits, but without any meaningful log error, i just dont know where to start debugging

So.. maybe to narrow the question. What could be killing the process on startup? And is there a more meaningful logs i can look for in linux ubuntu 20.04 ?

edits:
    Forgot to mention
    This build runs completely fine on my local WSL

Also, i am seeing some out of memory logs in kern.log. But... where to go from there?

Trying to do remote profiling but... since this OOM happens on start, and i'm assuming during the few minutes of hang before the Killed is just a freeze, the remote profiling doesn't work...

It'd probably help to know what's the complete process of a unity build being started
    What happens after AssemblyReload and.. checking shaders in the GPU stuff?

Cheers

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021