Search Unity

Server build doesn't work due to this error.

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Paras_Satpute, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Paras_Satpute

Paras_Satpute

I'm trying to create a server build. but I'm always getting this error; This is an empty 3D project I just created and hit Server build and it still has errors I tried making one on my other PC and it still has same error. Screenshot (73).png
    Thanks in advance :D

2. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

It seems that there is a problem with the shader and gpu, not interacting with each other. The shader you are using, apparently is strangely not being recognised or supported, by your gpu. Maybe your gpu's software, or shader library needs updating. If you want, try using another shader as a test subject, to see if the problem still persists.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

4. dmoret

dmoret

I'm having the same problem. The game works fine when running a client build, but when I run the server build (with or without -batchmode -nographics) I get this error.
    Did you find a solution?

5. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

This error doesn't stop your server build from running, assuming your server build doesn't need graphics support. Just ignore it. If your server build isn't working, you're looking in the wrong place.

6. dmoret

dmoret

True. So I'll just ignore it. Thanks

7. emrys90

emrys90

Did anyone find a fix for this? While it doesn't stop my servers from running, it does send tons of bogus bug reports to my automated bug report platform.

8. RomanCalderon

RomanCalderon

I second this. Really wish I could rid these unnecessary shader messages from my console.