Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Sequences package causes very long delays

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by YoshYoshKo, Oct 24, 2023.

1. YoshYoshKo

YoshYoshKo

Having the Sequences package installed causes a large delay for my project to finish opening.
    It holds at "Waiting for Unity's code in Unity.Sequences.Editor.dll to finish executing." This pop up shows once the project is loaded and then click anywhere in the project.
    The delay appears to increase the more sequences I create or files I add to the project.
    I've used both Sequences 1.1.0 on 2022.1.20f1 and Sequences 2.01 on 2022.3.3f1. It takes 6 minutes to open load a project. When the project was smaller it only took 30 seconds but gradually increased as the project got bigger over time.
    I tried deleting all of my sequences but it did had no effect.
    However the project loads instantly once the Sequences package is removed.
    It's actually faster for me to remove the package before opening the project then reinstalling the Sequences package after it's been loaded. Removing Sequences before and reinstalling it after takes 1-2 minutes vs 6 minutes. But this is not an ideal solution.

What exactly is the Sequences package doing that cause these load times? Is there a way to decrease this delay?

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

3. Mori_X

Mori_X

Unity 2022 LTS - migrated my 2021LTS project, that worked flawless before. Now, I have sequenceassetindexer popup coming up as with @YoshYohsko: same thing :/

4. unclekane

unclekane

I have the same issue. It steals about half an hour every day. Any solution for this?

5. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi there !

Thanks all, for the new reports, it confirms there is something shady here.

Could one of you file a report using Unity's bug reporter (see https://unity.com/releases/editor/qa/bug-reporting) ?
    Having access to the context and/or a project that demonstrates the issue would be very helpful.
    I was personally not able to repro for now.

Also can you also clarify on which platform you are, which specific versions of Unity's AND Sequences you observed the issue ? (ex: Unity 2022.3.15f with Sequences 2.0.1).

And about your Sequences usage:
    - how many Sequences are we talking about?
    - do you also use Sequences Assets ?

Thanks again