Search Unity

SequenceRoom : 3d multi sequencer project, feedback appreciated! (Video on iDisk)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by gregzo, Jan 19, 2012.

1. gregzo

gregzo

Video download link (90mb) : Here

Hi to all!

This is my first project in Unity, it will probably be a WIP for quite a long time as there are so many features I would like to add. I might also restart from scratch soon, as I did 7 times already, lol! Maybe in C# this time...

The video demonstrates synchronizing different step sequencers, editing samples, recording the listener's POV to a wav file (that's how the audio was captured for the vid), saving and randomizing sequences.

Tools : Unity 3.4 (95%), Unity 3.5 beta (to output the wav), Vectrosity, 6 piano samples(from my instrument), Unity Answers and Unity Forums. Many thanks to the community without who learning Unity and OOP would be much tougher!

Warning! The demo shows basic functions using 6 sounds only, but samples can be easily imported and grouped in a custom instrument. The music will be quite random! :confused:

I look forward to your feedback,

Gregzo

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  2. gregzo

gregzo

Hmmm... Not much interest, lol!

It's not a game.

It's not for everyone - mainly musicains.

It's got no textures.

It needs feedback.

Anyone?

3. runner

runner

Interesting WIP not a musician and i purchased Visualizer Studio http://www.alteredr.com/visualizer-studio/

so naturally your wip caught my eye.

Hope you continue it looks cool :)

Edit: watched the full video.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  4. dyox

dyox

Hum , it's... humm , not realy realy ...
    Heu , it's look realy beautyfull. But i think it's impossible to do somethink with that.
    For the moment ... i will track your game for see ^^.

5. polytropoi

polytropoi

Great start, I think your interface convention is very interesting. Can we see a webplayer?

6. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

I think the idea of music as a 3D room is quite interesting and unique, or at least I've never seen anything like that before. It's the sort of thing I would spend time playing around with.

--Eric

7. gregzo

gregzo

Hi to all, and thanks for the support!

I need to sort out the help/tutorial before I let anyone try it out : it uses mouse gestures which need to be documented in game (like click and quick drag in a direction, for ex.)

Can't work too much on it these days, I have to finish a paid project first (I work as a composer). Unity is such a time leech!!!
    Will keep you posted, nice to see there is some interest!

8. gregzo

gregzo

@Dyox : Je parle français, tu peux m'en dire plus stp?
    Ce n'est pas un jeu, mais un multi-séquenceur en 3d... WIP!
    Commentaires bienvenus!
    Gregzo