Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Sequence of actions

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by darkzarichv2, Jul 26, 2022.

1. darkzarichv2

darkzarichv2

Hello friends!
    I'm new to Unity and going a learning path. I have a question that I wasn't able to find an answer for and hope someone would be kind enough to show me the way. Thank you in advance!

How do you do sequence of actions, managing the timings between those actions? Say, for example, I want to create a ball that is going to jump and then land on the ground, everything should be pushed away, creating a nice particle effect

I know how to do some steps one by one but not exactly how to put it in a sequence. I know I can use
    WaitForSeconds
    but that just feels a little bit messy, while animation and its events can have its drawbacks too...

How do you usually suppose to handle those things?

2. wayneforce

wayneforce

There are many ways you can tackle this. One way is to make it realistic by placing objects in a way in the scene and use scripts to apply certain forces to rigid body objects that will push or collide with other objects so that they react accordingly.

another way is to use sequenced animations and add triggers in animations that trigger other animations when a certain frame is hit