Search Unity

Separating GameFoundation from Analytics

Discussion in 'Game Foundation' started by Pepperoni92, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Pepperoni92

Pepperoni92

Is it possible to separate GameFoundation from Analytics? Or even change how it reports to analytics?

The issue I'm having is I'm trying to implement currency generation similar to a base builder and every time a building generates a resource, it seems to be sending an event through the analytics.

I can't play my game for very long at this point because I end up with the following error after a number of events go through.

Unable to send 'gameitem_modified' event (Result: 'TooManyRequests').

2. mingz-unity

mingz-unity

Unity Technologies

@Pepperoni92 yes you can use Game Foundation without analytics - simply turn off Play Mode Analytics in the setting:
    upload_2019-12-16_11-59-14.png

You can access the setting from: Windows > Game Foundation > Tools > Setting.

The issue you're running into seems to be a Rate Limit error from Unity Analytics. We'd also like to understand more how you run into that scenario to help us improve the analytics feature. Are you constantly generating new currencies during normal gameplay? Or are you testing many currency changes rapidly in a short amount of time?

3. Pepperoni92

Pepperoni92

Ah. Thank you for pointing that out. I also removed the Analytics Detail from the currency itself and that seems to have helped.

I believe you're right. That Unity Analytics is limiting the rate of events. I believe the thing that actually triggered it was a button I created that adds +1 currency with every click. Somewhat like a clicker cookie type game. That button is not part of gameplay though, it was just for debugging. So, I've removed it now.

mingz-unity likes this.
  4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

mingz-unity likes this.