Search Unity

Separate project's folders into multiple hard disks?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by georgeq, Oct 29, 2020.

1. georgeq

georgeq

The problem is this:

I often fork projects on my hard disk, since each fork has to reside on its own folder, every time a new fork is created Unity reimports the project generating a new set of folders, which by the way have a very large footprint. I have several projects, some of them have been forked up to 20 times, and even when the assets folders generally have a small footprint, the Unity generated folders occupy a significant amount of my disk space, to the point in which the disk space becomes scarce. So when I need more disk space I have to go one by one, project by project deleting: the Library, Temp, Obj and some other folders Unity might generate, and then I have to recycle the bin, a process which is slow, tedious and error pron. So... if there was a way in which I could tell Unity to generate those files on a separated disk drive, then whenever such disk becomes saturated I could just format it to reclaim the whole space, without risking to delete permanently my assets.

2. PraetorBlue

PraetorBlue

3. georgeq

georgeq

Thank you... this will require some manual settings but is a promising solution... Thanks again.