Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Assets SENTIERI - [BETA 0.5] - Terrain Procedural Path Creator for Roads, Rivers and more

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by antoripa, Nov 27, 2016.

?

Would you like to see a dymic terrain blend in real time while you are in Edit Mode ?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. antoripa

antoripa

Project is still on going. I made the decision to put all my assets on hold due the all new Unity features from Terrain System to Job System. But stay tuned

Flurgle likes this.
  2. DonLoquacious

DonLoquacious

Honestly, I wouldn't even bother at this point- everyone who wanted path generation when this started has long since figured out how to manage it themselves, or they just didn't really need it to begin with. When you disappear for years at a time from your own "products", you lose any trust anyone had in you as a developer.

... and I was going to leave it that, but I honestly don't think I can. Your work ethic here was beyond abysmal (even if "par for the course" from Unity developers), and going forward, if you're going to be going forward, you need to seriously rethink the level of professionalism you apply to your "products". Documentation, unit testing, examples, and most importantly, a working product, not endless promises of new features that never materialize.

I forgot I even had this thread followed, so I'm fixing that now. I sincerely hope that you take this as an impetus to become a better software developer and that it benefits you in the long-run, even if it seems really harsh right now.

Kennth, Mark_01, LukeDawn and 3 others like this.
  3. protopop

protopop

I'm still looking for a way to procedurally generated roads, even a light version would be cool, and what you've done here looks like the best of the bunch. If you ever decide to release it you have my support, and thanks for attempting it in the first place. I think efforts from people like you have made creating worlds in unity that much better

71BD6496-7B0A-4C82-849D-9CD4EAE349DF.jpeg

Liminal-Ridges and kilik128 like this.