Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

SendMessage on onRuntimeInitialized

Discussion in 'Web' started by senghoff, Aug 6, 2019.

1. senghoff

senghoff

I am on Unity 2018.4.4f1 with WebGL as target.

I am attempting to perform a SendMessage by JS from the embedding HTML to a scene object when the WebGL app has completed initialisation. The SendMessage call is done in the onRuntimeInitialized callback as follows -

Code (JavaScript):
    1.        var gameInstance = UnityLoader.instantiate("gameContainer", "Build/Spinner Winner.json",  {
    2.         Module: {
    3.           onRuntimeInitialized: function () {
    4.             gameInstance.SendMessage("TestURL", "URL", "Test URL");
    5.           }
    6.         }
    7.       });
    UnityLoader.js consistently throws an exception on the SendMessage. The wording of the message differs slightly between browsers. In Chrome (attached screenshot) the message is "Uncaught RuntimeError: memory access out of bounds".

Any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated :)

Attached Files:

2. De-Panther

De-Panther

onRuntimeInitialized is called when the WebGL/WASM/ASM.JS is loaded, not when the first scene is loaded.

It'll be much safer for you to notify from your Unity scene/script to the page, that now it's ok to call to functions in your project

doctorpangloss and Logic_Bomb like this.
  3. TK009999

TK009999

I don't understand what's your mean with the safer call in Unity scene/script. Sends data to a scene from the WebGL Template is necessary for me, so where can I call it if that not safe.

4. De-Panther

De-Panther

When the scene loads, call from unity to the page and notify it that now it's ok to send data to the scene...