Search Unity

Question Send LabView data to unity for hololens 2

Discussion in 'VR' started by OceSav, Aug 21, 2020.

1. OceSav

OceSav

HI,

I'm looking for information on how to transmit data ( text, "buttons") from a LabView application to unity, especially to the displays for Hololens 2.
    My idea is the following I currently have a LabView application running on a Windows 10 PC, this application allows test bench maintenance and displays actions performed via dialog boxes. For example "plug the cable 2 on the socket 3, click OK to go to the next step".
    I would like to display these dialog boxes in Hololens 2 and validate thanks to Hololens 2.
    For the dialog boxes of Hololens 2 I saw that it is necessary to use this UI:

https://github.com/microsoft/MixedR...MRTK/SDK/Experimental/Dialog/README_Dialog.md

If someone has an idea on how I can transmit the labview information to unity I'm interested.

I'm new to unity so sorry if my question is not precise enough.

Thanks in advance for the answers.

2. timke

timke

Hey,

I recommend you check out Holographic Remoting from Microsoft's MRTK documentation. This isn't quite what you're looking to do, but what you're asking for isn't trivial; it's essentially a Windowing Server. Maybe there are other Unity plugins or tools for this kind of thing, but otherwise it's a fair amount of work.

I'd also recommend you join HoloDevelopers Slack channel and post this idea there. For questions and issues specific to HoloLens 2, you're more likely to find help there, since the Microsoft devs are in that channel.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    OceSav likes this.