Search Unity

Feature Request Send a scene for ray-traced rendering at runtime

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by andyz, Sep 4, 2020.

1. andyz

andyz

I have worked on a project for interior-design with Unity and all is good except that you need a really powerful PC and a lot of work to make a realistic render.

What is really needed is cloud [ray-traced] rendering - send the current scene or one you build in code to the cloud to get rendered and have it send an image back.

Octane is available for editor-use only, but I see no point to that.

2. FredMoreau

FredMoreau

Unity Technologies

To your point, one may look into making a custom Viewer taking advantage of HDRP & RTX, and for cloud streaming, Furioos can help you run your Viewer on a virtual machine from any device.

3. andyz

andyz

This is an alternative option I was considering. Although early days for HDRP ray tracing and it is after all not quite the real thing.

4. DavidMenard

DavidMenard

Unity Technologies

At the moment, HDRP + RTX raytracing will be the closest we can get to the path-traced ground truth in real-time. Path-tracing is not exactly a "real-time" solution for rendering, but we do have some documentation here on how to get started. Note that our path-tracing solution is quite, quite early, so I have no idea the state of it.
    I'll ask a couple questions and see where we stand!

5. andyz

andyz

I do not need real time though, I have not time to dig into HDRP currently but will in the future