Search Unity

Semantic versioning like 1.0.x is not working

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by arielsan, Mar 24, 2019.

1. arielsan

arielsan

Hi, I was testing semantic versioning (semver calculator) to depend on latest patch of a specific version but can't make it work. I supposed it was supported by reading the forums and even by the error code:

Code (txt):
    1. An error occurred while resolving packages:
    2.   Project has invalid dependencies:
    3.     com.unity.collab-proxy: Version '1.2.x' is invalid. Expected one of: a 'SemVer' compatible value; a value starting with 'file:'; a Git URL starting with 'git:' or 'git+', or ending with '.git'.
    Am I doing it wrong? is it not supported yet?

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  2. pablothedolphin

pablothedolphin

I'm pretty sure all 3 digits need to be numbers. You can also add "-preview" at the end of the version number for the preview tag to appear in the package manager UI.

3. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @arielsan ,

Semantic Versioning (SemVer) is at the core of the Unity Package Manager. But, what you are trying to set is called version range. It refers to SemVer versions. Two related but different concepts. Version range is not supported for the moment by Unity Package Manager. This is in our long term plan though. Note that we plan to implement a Nuget (or Scientific) notation. This is different than npm implementation.

Hope it helps,

Pascal

pablothedolphin likes this.
  4. arielsan

arielsan

Yes, it helps, and clarifies the concepts :), sorry I was messing them up.

We'll have to wait until version range is supported then :(

Thanks!