Search Unity

Selling unused 'Vegetation Studio' Asset -Voucher (Key)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tribun89, Aug 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tribun89

Tribun89

Hello all,

in August i got all free Assets (including the Vegetation Voucher), but i already got this abolut fantastic product in my assets library.
    So im selling my unused key.
    If you are interessed write me a message.

Greetings

Lukas

Ony likes this.
  2. Murgilod

Murgilod

I'm pretty sure those are non-transferable?

3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

@LennartJohansen is not obliged to support resold keys, and I'm not sure it's actually legal to sell (haven't checked) but I think having someone use Vegetation Studio is far preferable to not having someone use it so if it is legal to do so, I can't see the harm.

My instinct tells me the following:

1. it's good that there would be another person within Lennart's ecosystem of assets
    2. it's probably not transferable :D

Edit: speedy Murg has attacked before me :/

Ryiah and Ony like this.
  4. LennartJohansen

LennartJohansen

I do not see a problem with this

5. Tribun89

Tribun89

Before i Posted at the Forum i have ask the unity Support and they Said there is no Problem to Share / sell the key
    So its allowed and legal and possible

6. Yannick_Stoot

Yannick_Stoot

It is not.

7. halley

halley

Yannick, got a reference for your position? I assume your "It is not" means you feel "It is not legal," but maybe you meant "It is not a problem."

(1) The Voucher system is a mechanism which allows one party to give gifts or promotional copies of an Asset to another party.

(2) The Assets are not transferrable, but the Voucher itself is not an Asset. I can't find anything that says a Voucher is not transferrable, and it would defeat the purpose of the Voucher mechanism if that were true.

(3) The Asset Store makes a deal with the creator of the asset for the promotional value, or simply pays the creator as if the asset were purchased. The Asset Store has the right as a distributor to assign and distribute the Asset when the Voucher is redeemed, per the agreement with the creator.

(4) The ultimate recipient of a Voucher would still need to use the Asset Store in accordance with the Terms and Conditions laid out for all users of the Asset Store.

I think there should be no reason why this sort of transfer would not be legal and within the ToC, but if you have any specific text I'm happy to read more. As for making threads on the forum hawking vouchers, that is a separate topic. I could see the forum getting a bit annoyed if this were an every-month occurrence.

Ryiah, hippocoder and Amon like this.
  8. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Please contact Unity support for authoritative responses. Locked.

angrypenguin, Joe-Censored and Ryiah like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.