Search Unity

Selling at Asset Store - State Tax Office (Europe) - Need Help

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Nirvan, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Nirvan

Nirvan

Few months ago I started selling assets on the Asset Store, I didn't know how much can I earn from it - nothing or decent income.
    It turned out income is decent, I wasn't registered in my country (Poland) as unemployed person.
    I want to found Legal Name (business) to earn in line with State's Tax Office.
    To register Legal Name I have to be registered as unemployed person.
    To be registered as unemployed person I can't exceed the minimum national rate in the month (about 270$)

In some months I exceed rate but sometimes not, in Tax Office they demand document to confirm my income for certain month so they can verify I do not exceed minimal national rate.

Here are questions:
    1) What can be trated as document to confirm my monthly income from the Asset Store?
    2) Is there way to freeze selling my assets on the store so income will not exceed minimal rate (so then I can register)
    3) In labor Office they often mention/ask for contract with asset store (Something like that even exists if you sell as individual?)
    4) Does it really have to be that hard to make your work fully legal and in line with country tax office?
    Today was third time I was in labor Office to make this stuff clear but even they don't fully know how to make all of it right.

Thanks.

2. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

1. You can use a screen shot of your publisher panel, showing the total revenue for a month. I personally save a PDF from the final bank transaction as proof, because it'll be in Euro's.

2. If you want to stop receiving payment, you can set the payout method to "None" in the publisher panel. Though, if you re-enable it, the next payout would also include previously unpaid revenue. So sooner or later, you would exceed the minimum. Alternatively, you can depreciate your assets, so no one can buy them anymore, but that's pretty extreme.

3. The agreement between Unity and publisher can be found here: https://unity3d.com/legal/as_provider

4. Personally, taxes are a little finicky for me in The Netherlands as well. None of the regulations are really up to date with the fact that people can nowadays get income from virtual goods/services, without having their own distribution network for it (eg YouTube/Twitch).

I would recommend professional consultancy to define your status in relation to Polish tax and employment regulations.

Nirvan likes this.
  3. Nirvan

Nirvan

Thank you, this cleared some stuff for me :)

StaggartCreations likes this.