Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Sell your games - Supports Unity and more platforms

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by createplayshare, Jul 7, 2010.

1. createplayshare

createplayshare

Hey Guys,

I am Unity user myself and somewhere felt the need of a platform Like gamecot. So made one. This is my latest work to support all Unity and other platforms independent developers.

Gamecot is released today.

We(Developers) can now sell our game and apps licenses. See how can you make more money from your published or unpublished content.

Gamecot the only unique games apps licensing marketplace for publishers developers. Supported platforms. ( Iphone, Android, Mobile, Web, Unity3d, Consoles and more)

Join Gamecot at the following link
    http://www.gamecot.com

regards,
    The Gamecot Team

For help and faqs please vist here
    http://www.gamecot.com/faqs.aspx

Attached Files:

2. Randy-Edmonds

Randy-Edmonds

Just submitted one of my apps. Let's see if there are any interested publishers.

3. createplayshare

createplayshare

Will Look into it and promote it to reach the eyes of publishers. We have released the service today. So this will take a bit.

4. mikesgames

mikesgames

Cool website now joining. Might submit a small something later

5. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

How come developers cant see the other games. Oh well sent in a few games.

6. createplayshare

createplayshare

To protect the IP of developers. Its restricted. Not all developers are open to share what they are selling.

There will be unpublished games as well which developers do not want to go public.

7. createplayshare

createplayshare

We have received good amount of game submissions on the first day of Gamecot.

We will be starting to promote games very quickly.

8. tatoforever

tatoforever

How can you promote developers games?
    Do you have a list of publishers?
    Cheers,

9. createplayshare

createplayshare

Yes On Gamecot we have Publishers as well as developers.

When you upload your game after successful submission. We place the content and promote it on publisher dashboard of Gamcot.

We have worked closely with publishers and handset manufacturers in the past. They all are on the panel.

10. createplayshare

createplayshare

Attached Files:

11. createplayshare

createplayshare

12. tatoforever

tatoforever

A quote from the Casualgaming.biz site news:
    We are signing some kind of agreement to give Gamecon 5% of the money once transaction is completed right?
    So, why is this necessary?
    Cheers,

13. createplayshare

createplayshare

Their is a reviewing team who is working on your and other people submissions. That includes general review for approval. After which the other team helps you in making your content look better. You also get help for making screenshots and your description.

We pitch to multiple Publishers personally for you and trying to crack a deal.Once a publisher is interested in your game. Alot of time and effort is put into making it a successful and safe deal for both sides.

There is a real people team behind Gamecot who has to survive in real world too. :)

14. Tempest

Tempest

I don't think anyone has the problem with giving Gamecot 5% for their services. I think his concern had to do with the portion in bold, where developers and sending content to Gamecot, instead of directly to the company who licensed it.

15. createplayshare

createplayshare

Ok. I saw the ?marks on other sentences.

What happens here is for safe transaction. What we are gonna do is.

When a publisher and developer is ready to complete the process.

We ask developer to use a screen sharing software. To show the code and compile it which publisher can see on their screen. This is to show that the coder is authentic and it his work.

Then Publisher is gonnna transfer the money to us. Once we receive the cash. We ask developer to mail the code either to us or to publisher. Once the publisher confirms that all is good. We transfer the money to developer.

What happens here is Gamecot is equally unsafe as any other transactions site which happens online. So for safety of both sides we take multiple measures.

Other option:
    We ask developer to give us the code and also the publisher to send us the money. We share the details with both and after confirmation from both sides we complete the process.

The transaction can be completed in multiple ways as per the convenience and needs of developer and publisher.

We just want to make the process safe for both parties.

You can use any option.

There are various frauds or misunderstandings which could happen online. So we are just trying to make it safe. That is all. :)

16. tatoforever

tatoforever

Sorry, but i havent see any statement on your site that guarantee developer source-code security. I mean, there's a lot of safer ways to do that sort of deal without harming anybody.
    I don't think that neither the publisher or developer would like to share the code with someone else.
    What it could possibly be done is:
    Sign more agreements to guarantee any kind of transactions, eg: Game code-vs-Money, Gamecot 5%, etc.
    Gamecot can always play a builded version of the game and suggest some changes/adds.
    Once the transaction/agreement between Publisher/Dev is done, the developer sends the game-code to the publisher encrypted with a password, so no one will be able to read it. It then sends the password to the publisher through email/phon/etc. Once the publisher verify that everything is there, he confirm through Gamecot that the money transfer could be done. The publisher sends 5% of that money to Gamecot and the rest to the Developer. What will guarantee all that? The agreement that publisher/developer make before the transaction.
    Cheers,

17. createplayshare

createplayshare

We dont want dev or pub to share anything with us whether its a code or playable that is why you dont see any security thing.

If any parties sharing any data with us. It will be on mail.

As I told u there are multiple ways the transaction can be completed. Both dev and Pub can choose what methods suits both parties.

We just want to bridge the gap that is all. NO fixed rules. We just want both the parties to make safe deals.

We have thought of multiple ways of transacting.

I hope that answers all.

18. createplayshare

createplayshare

I guess we will tweak our FAQS as we just mentioned one method there. This is creating misunderstanding.

Please share your views and any difficulties u r facing.

We will be sending first round of pitch on tuesday to publishers. So I request everyone to upload their games info image and description if they want to reach in the first round.

19. Martin-Schultz

Martin-Schultz

I think it's worth a try. I submitted one game to test waters on the site. Let's see if this platform takes off. If it does, good for all of us!

20. tatoforever

tatoforever

Got it,
    Alright, sounds good.
    Cheers,

21. createplayshare

createplayshare

22. tatelax

tatelax

Cool I will look into this

23. createplayshare

createplayshare

24. temo_koki

temo_koki

I'm wondering how much do they pay in 1 game? I want to add my game on your site, but I don't know how much price to put on it

25. createplayshare

createplayshare

upload your game we all will help you decide teh price before making it live.

I am pasting the answer below which I had written on a different post before.

Some factors which affect the pricing are:

When deciding a price for your game keep in mind the following things.

Is the title published
    how much time invested
    how many people involved
    how much u believe in the idea
    what do u think abt your game graphic quality
    remaining gameplay factors etc.
    After this see how much you would have charged a company to develop this.
    Is the code brilliant and can be ported to multiple platforms and lot more.
    Has the game scope to be ported to various platforms.

Accordingly decide a price. There are many more factors which affectthe pricing.

So these are some factors affecting pricing. Pricing can vary from the above listed factors. Users can upload their games we will discuss pricing before I make it live to publishers. I will tell you to edit the pricing and lot more. Our team will be there to support you through out the complete process. Our writer will also help you make your descriptions better etc.

26. createplayshare

createplayshare

4 new games+apps on Gamecot today

27. createplayshare

createplayshare

In 2 weeks there are 170 users including Publishers and developers. MOre Unity games.

25 licenses for games and apps available at Gamecot

28. Randy-Edmonds

Randy-Edmonds

Any success stories yet? :?:

29. createplayshare

createplayshare

noting as of now, it has been 28 days since release.

30. sciguy77

sciguy77

What if our game uses art purchased from dexsoft, arteria, or something of the like?

Also, how should we price our game (especially new developers have no idea what their code is worth, much less how to price it w/ ads, w/o ads, exclusive, non-exclusive, etc.)?

Some examples would be great as well.

31. azeitler

azeitler

can you give a yes or a no if any deals have actually been closed through your platform?

i like the concept, but based on my experience I am pretty skeptical of the whole idea.

32. beeky

beeky

why do you all submit an already published game?
    that's not what publishers are looking for.

33. createplayshare

createplayshare

Gamecot sells two Iphone game licenses with source code this week.

Sel gamelicense gamerights with or without sourcecode at Gamecot game license place.

34. createplayshare

createplayshare